Robin Williams as a man who hires a hustler....

Lankypeters
This topic is 3037 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it yesterday, via Netflix. What a downer! But I always liked Robin Williams, and I think he holds this picture together. Excellent performance. The story is a bit of a stretch, as I wonder if a person his age, living a strait-laced life would do this. But he was sexually repressed, and all he did -- at the beginning -- was to hire a hustler. Definitely worth watching, and I'm sure that there will be many opinions as to the movie's merit.

• 1 month later...

Saw it too. Really sad. I was touched by Kathy Baker's performance as the wife. I felt for her. I thought Roberto Aguirre, the hustler, was a bit flat, but I liked the vulnerability displayed at times (plus I'm always impressed with actors who lose so much weight for a role...he is a looker when he is his normal weight). I kinda had a knot in my throat throughout the whole movie not only for the sexual repression, but the lack of any passion in his life.

Archived