Oh, CNN...

bostonman
This topic is 3284 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok. They were just having a panel conversation about the Hastert debacle on CNN, when the host (the usually reliable/responsible Ashleigh Banfield) abruptly cut in to say they would have to stop, because of breaking news.

What was that breaking news, you may ask? The release of the new Vanity Fair with Caitlyn (aka Bruce) Jenner on the cover.

Really? I'm not saying that Jenner's news doesn't carry importance, but in comparison...and to shut down the Hastert conversation when Jenner's story really could have waited a few minutes and still had its due?

I tend to feel that CNN is still the only truly professional/reliable news network on cable (which may not be saying much). Lately, they've been falling fast - too many "breaking news" alerts ("breaking" should mean something new that's happening at the moment - not the same old big story from yesterday) and way too much hype for its own non-news shows (how many commercial spots does that smug idiot Mike Rowe get per hour, for god's sake? Enough already!) - but this one really takes the cake.

And yet, I'll keep watching somehow...

Archived