"Aquarious"..... are you going to watch?

Okliehomo
This topic is 3245 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am asking because I am not sure. I thought it was just a remake of "Helter Skelter" at first, but then I read an interview about it and it is more about the 60's and all the changes. It starts like 3 years before the Tate/LoBianca murders and it is more about the culture that created the Manson family. Really it's 2 detectives that are looking for a missing girl and they encounter Charles Manson and his followers during their search.

Another reason I am asking... is that there is a network TV version that starts airing I think tonight and then there is cable version (sex and drugs, man) that will air later. May wait for that one.....sounds more to my taste. The nudity, I mean...

I will. I was a hippie wannabe (I was too young to run off to SF for the Summer of Love) and love anything about the 60s and the cultural changes then. David Dochovny's participation is also a plus. But I sure hope you're wrong about when it's airing, as I tried last week to add it to the list of shows to record and it wasn't even listed. Fucking Comcast.

Actually, the NBC series debuts a week from tonight, NEXT Thursday, May 28th.

Aquarius (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't find any mention of a different cable series though. Gethin Anthony, who played Renly Baratheon on HBO's Game of Thrones, will portray Charles Manson on the NBC limited series, though.

TruHart1 :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I've watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. They have gotten most of the setting and sense of the period pretty right. I was a habitué of the Sunset Strip at that time and still have vivid memories of that crazy, exciting period. On a creepy note, a young woman I dated at the time wanted to introduce me to her friend Sandra Good. Sandra Good was one of Charles Manson's "Family". She was arrested when they rounded up everyone at the Spahn Ranch, but released when it turned out that she had been in jail when the Tate-La Bianca murders occurred.

My only criticism is that not everyone was part of the scene, and those who were, were usually more stoned, and not as clean as they they look in the series. I particularly like the woman playing the young cop fighting all the sexism rampant on the force.

I too think they've got the atmosphere pretty much nailed down, and the acting ranges from competent to excellent, but with half the show being about Manson and half being a cop procedural set amidst the turmoil of the 60s, it seems a bit disjointed and unsure what it wants to be. Plus the scripts regularly have me rolling my eyes.

Love the soundtrack, though.

Archived