New York City Drone Film Festival August 2015

marylander1940
This topic is 3270 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.nycdronefilmfestival.com/

New York City Drone Film Festival is the world’s first event exclusively dedicated to celebrating the art of drone cinematography. The festival provides a platform for aerial filmmakers to showcase their work (shot anywhere in the world), emphasizing innovative flight technique, aesthetic beauty, and more. Director, landscape photographer, and aerial cinematographer Randy Scott Slavin founded the festival in 2014 with a desire to change the perceptions of drones. "I'm tired of drones being synonymous with questionable legality and FAA regulation. I want to celebrate the art of aerial cinematography"

just wonder if this is a fashion trend or once we all film whatever we want to we'll just move on to play with other toy for grown ups?

I may be the wrong person to ask because I love photos and seeing such amazing photography. I visited Sarajevo last years, and would love to see drone views of that city. But, most people would likely be bored eventually seeing places they have never visited, or intend to visit.

Archived