Tea Room Theater in San Francisco still do shows?

Kr8zy
This topic is 3385 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There used to be a place in San Francisco called the Tea Room theater. Raal sketchy location, and the place fit that description too. It was primarily video booths, but they had a couple of strippers come out like once on the hour. They used to be pretty friendly with the audience. Anyone know if this place is still around, and do they still have strippers?

I remember being there many years ago, and had a great time with one of the strippers and the guy sitting next to me...:-) But had forgotten all about that place, so have no idea if it is still there. Hopefully one of our colleagues here on the Forum from SF or the Bay area can enlighten us.

The Tea Room Theater is still alive and doing its thing ! You can Google it or enter that name into any search engine and their web page will come up. It looks the same as it did 20 or 30 years ago. I will have to check it out again on my next trip to SF to have some of my memories restored !!!;)

I went there for the first time a few years ago...and never went back. It was really sketchy, there was an odd odor in the air, I kept wondering whether the patrons were going to rob me, and then when the dancer came out, he was clearly on something. I left after about half and hour, and that's only because I forced myself to stay longer then I wanted to.

This was several years ago, so I don't know if it has improved or not.

I think it is the kind of place that you go at least once to be able to say you have been there... done that...etc. Probably best to go on a Friday or Saturday night, or check who is dancing and see if you recognize them at all...it is not the kind of place that I would go to on a regular basis...

Archived