Steamworks Berkeley

jakeleyman
This topic is 3290 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone familiar with this place? Clientele? Best times to go? How's "Lights out Thursdays?"

(Sorry if I'm posting in wrong location - couldn't figure out where to post.)

also sorry to include my stupid "signature" - can't find a way to delete it in this new format.

Guest ChrisW

SW Berkely can be hit or miss but can also be a lot of fun. On a Friday and Saturday night its nearly impossible to get a room but its a cool facility, nearly as good at the Chicago SW. The clientele is varied but seems like your typical bath house goer. Even though its busy and hard to get a room I always enjoyed going on a Friday or Saturday night. The only issue I found with the facility is that is all the way out in Berkley.

When I lived in the Bay Area, Steamworks was definitely one of my "go to" places for fun. A varied crowd, sexy atmosphere, even a serviceable/good gym!

Sunday afternoons seem to be a bit crowded which is either to your liking or not. I prefer to relaxed atmosphere of slightly off peak, but either way you are 80% guaranteed a good time (I would say).

Slightly off topic, and submitted mostly for the benefit of people wanting to consult google maps,

the city is spelled Berkeley with 3 "E"'s.

Steamworks is fairly close to the freeway if one is driving, somewhat near the end of an AC transit line,

but a longish walk from N. Berkeley BART ...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived