Of Love and Sex

SimplyAdam
This topic is 3376 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As we approach Valentine's Day, I hope everyone is feeling the love... and then some.

Given the nature of Daddy's Reviews, I'd be intrigued by anyone's conjectures on the interplay between love and sex. This is a massive topic, and one that a forum thread can only touch on, but can we have a go at it?

I attempted to wrap my mind around the correlation of one to the other in my last (epic!) blog, and part of what I came to is that while love recurrently dissipates the desire for sex, sex – conversely – can be used to provoke love. That while you can love someone intensely, your sexual desire for them almost inevitably fades. However, if present and connected with another man, sex can instantly be employed as a facilitator for love. Both love for yourself and another. And it allows both men access to the infinite.

This would explain many men's histories of being loyal in love and touch-and-go in sex. ;)

Thoughts?

Sex dies even when love continues because of the need for novelty or new experiences and because there are other things besides sex that are important to a relationship.

Sometimes I think we should take the concept of (romantic) love, wipe the slate clean, and start over. But I don't think it's exactly the same as passion/sexual love, though there's overlap and both can exist at the same time.

Oh, that rapturous rush, Mr. Smith! :)

And our dear, elucidating raven quoter - yes! The overlap is sublime, but it doesn't indicate an inextricable state.

I just love the idea of utilizing love and sex as tools to approach each other to get to a state of higher consciousness and greater connection.

Archived