Old Texas Dildo Law Shows The State Is 'Crazy'

MasssageGuy
This topic is 3410 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not that Florida is any gem, you gotta love this article!

"The law in question includes, "A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/alcee-hastings-dildo-laws_n_6627174.html

Knock on the door and the police have search warrant for dildos...

How about some Knock, Knock jokes folks?

PS - The other thing I still vividly remember from that misguided adventure, was going to the DMV to get a Texas drivers license and seeing a giant sign that read "Remeber, as of Jan. 1, it's no longer legal to consume alcoholic beverages while operating a motor vehicle." I remember thinking to myself "Ok, wow. This is going to be an intersting place to live."

I don't think Texas' Open Container Law went into effect until 2001. But I could be wrong.

Gman

I moved from the East Coast to West Texas in the early 90's, and one of the first things I remember seeing on the local news was a raid on the local adult book/video store, where large numbers of dildos were seized. I wish I had a screen cap of the elderly, good-old-boy law enforcement officer (wearing a cowboy hat, of course) exiting the store with a giant box of very visible dildos, Lol. I fled West Texas about a year later.

PS - The other thing I still vividly remember from that misguided adventure, was going to the DMV to get a Texas drivers license and seeing a giant sign that read "Remeber, as of Jan. 1, it's no longer legal to consume alcoholic beverages while operating a motor vehicle." I remember thinking to myself "Ok, wow. This is going to be an intersting place to live."

I don't think Texas' Open Container Law went into effect until 2001. But I could be wrong.

Gman

No, I think you're correct about the Texas Open Container law. However, I was referring to the law that made it illegal for the driver of a vehicle to drink alcoholic beverages while driving on public roads.

That is the Open Container Law. I initially when looking it up was getting it confused with the Open Carry Law- but that's for guns.

Gman

Archived