Fragata NOT closing

brall3
This topic is 3428 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yesterday I talked with the manager of Fragata and mentioned the various posts on this site reference Fragata closing. The sauna is NOT CLOSING. As a matter of fact, Fragata is now under going some much needed renovations, beginning with the suites on the 2nd floor next to the video room. The manager mentioned other renovation projects planned for next year.

Also, the program guys are still being searched as they enter the sauna. To my surprise, Monday and Wednesday nights were quite full of program guys; normally these nights are slow nights with few guys.

Side note; Lagoa is also doing some major renovations.

Obviously the Brazilian economy is doing quite well and the price of everything reflects that. Come back to Brazil, but bring plenty of money (ha-ha).

Yesterday I talked with the manager of Fragata and mentioned the various posts on this site reference Fragata closing. The sauna is NOT CLOSING. As a matter of fact, Fragata is now under going some much needed renovations, beginning with the suites on the 2nd floor next to the video room. The manager mentioned other renovation projects planned for next year.

Thank you for passing on the encouraging, affirmative and positive post advising that Fragata is “NOT CLOSING.”

In my post of three weeks ago, I wrote:

“I looked again for tell-tale signs of the rumor of the sauna closing. I saw nothing to indicate a closure on the horizon.”

“There are still empty buildings around Fragata but that is not conclusive evidence of closure of Fragata, a rumor that circulated for more than one year.”

The original owner of Fragata (Antonio) is eighty years old. He recently advised certain clients that he sold half of his interest to a physician investor. That investor readily admits that he has never operated a sauna. The investor hired a new manager to take care of sauna operations.

When the original owner, Antonio, is asked about future plans for Fragata, he is not so optimistic and refers questions to his new partner.

Also, the program guys are still being searched as they enter the sauna. To my surprise, Monday and Wednesday nights were quite full of program guys; normally these nights are slow nights with few guys.

In my post of three weeks ago, I wrote “The first thing I noticed is that the garotos that arrived ahead of me were not searched, as per the new policy announced a short while back. I asked about the policy and I was told it was abandoned. That is good. Such a stupid policy could not be good for business or for the morale of the garotos.”

It is reported that the new manager instituted, among other things, searching of garotos. The searching was started then suspended but has resumed based on orders of the new manager. I was not told the reason.

Obviously the Brazilian economy is doing quite well and the price of everything reflects that. Come back to Brazil, but bring plenty of money (ha-ha).

Please see this Bloomberg article, titled “Brazil Goes Into Recession for First Time in Over 5 Years”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-29/brazil-gdp-probably-shrank-most-in-5-years-as-vote-nears.html

The exchange rate of the U.S. dollar versus the Brazilian real since Brazil’s recession was announced has improved considerably in our favor. The rate has not been as favorable in many years. As of today, the exchange rate is 2.62 to 1.

Considering the improved exchange rate together with increasing Brazilian unemployment and high hotel vacancies, it is only a matter of time until prices in Brazil come down. Prices will not come down immediately nor will prices return to the level they were a decade ago. However, at least prices will not continue to escalate as they have during the past half decade or so.

During my more than 120 trips to Brazil, I have seen many saunas come and go throughout Brazil.

Sao Paulo has only two viable rent boy saunas. For a city its size, that is difficult to understand. As a comparison, consider the Brazilian city of Porto Alegre. That city has two viable rent boy saunas and its population is only one tenth the size of Sao Paulo. At the same time, Rio de Janeiro has only two viable rent boy saunas and its population is four times the size of Porto Alegre. Rio, Sao Paulo and other major cities in Brazil have lost many saunas. Saunas come and they go.

I personally hope Fragata stays in business indefinitely. Whether Fragata stays open or closes, is only speculation. After all, the only things in life that are certain are death and taxes.

Archived