La Bare documentary

fedssocr1
This topic is 3523 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did anyone else watch the documentary on Showtime last night about La Bare, a male (for women) strip club in Dallas? I thought it was somewhat interesting in dealing with the psychology of the dancers. But these sorts of programs only ever seem to deal with straight dancers/clubs.

Basically they interview a bunch of the dancers about how they got into it in the first place. They also talk to the guy who is the manager and the DJ who used to be a dancer. They show us an amateur night contest. And they talk to some of the women who go there plus some of the girlfriends of the dancers. And they spend a long time talking about this dancer ("the best there ever was") who got murdered, but his killer was released with no charges. And they spend a good bit of time following around this older guy who's been stripping for something like 30 years. There's one young guy who is very cute with a great body. But the rest of them were too beefed up for me. I guess that is what women want.

Like I said, they do deal a good bit with the psychology of the guys. Why they dance. What their first time was like. How much money they make. Etc. But the fact that programs like this only ever seem to deal with men dancing for women I find them limited. There was the program on Logo(?) last year that at least included one guy who dances at a gay club.

And they spend a good bit of time following around this older guy who's been stripping for something like 30 years. There's one young guy who is very cute with a great body. But the rest of them were too beefed up for me. I guess that is what women want.

http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5874961/il_fullxfull.308110345.jpg

As a Showtime subscriber, I have to look for a repeat airing of this. I agree, though that it seems a little strange not to address those who dance or strip in gay clubs.

I'm not sure what your definition of "beefy" is, but as a woman whose preferences lean toward androgynous, I can assure you that not all women like beefy men.

Archived