Boardwalk Report

Richard
This topic is 3483 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had business in Fort Lauderdale recently, so I took a few days off for some R&R and stayed on rather than go to Miami. I stopped by Boardwalk for a while three nights in a row, Friday through Sunday. As is often the case, some of their bartenders are better looking than any of the dancers. I was happy to see Orlando, a handsome Latino dancer. He reminds me of Mario Lopez. I think he's an excellent private. We chatted a lot outdoors at the BW bar/restaurant; he seemed candid about the place. His view was that BW and most of the go-go bars in FLL limp along until the snowbirds return. He thinks business begins to pick up in November.

I heard different things from different people, but Orlando said Thursdays were dead slow, but Friday and Saturday were strong and Sundays were pretty good too. Sunday is Latin night, so if that's your type, put it on your calendar. He believes customers may go to other places on other evenings. I have a tendency to go earlier than prime time, and most dancers seem to begin showing up around 8 or 8:30. I try to arrive between 8:30 and 9:00 when it's easy parking, get in, see if any favorite dancers are there, chat them up, and have a private or two and be out the door by 11:30. As for atmosphere, earlier in the evening, you get some of the retirees, the year rounders who probably keep the lights on the rest of the year. Still, if you are accustomed to hot gay dance clubs, you are more likely to see the gay bar version of Lourdes with walkers and battery powered scooters against one wall and customers with vivid memories of the Roosevelt administration; I won't speculate which Roosevelt.

In full disclosure, my tastes run to muscular/fitness types without tattoos. I can live with one or two, but body graffiti is not my thing. To each his own. Some guys there just didn't say no when they passed the tattoo parlor.

Orlando says the more muscular guys mostly work the weekends, but I am never there during the work week, so I cannot verify. As it gets colder up north, if there is business and the bar is getting busy, my general experience is that the dancers will be there too. Orlando is pretty buff. Adam, whom I remember from Twist last year is there on Friday and Saturday night. He is not quite as muscular as I remember, but still has a nice body with big powerful legs and the kind of biceps that explode out of his skin when he flexes. He's also very hung and nice looking. No surprise, Adam is popular. He has a wealthy customer there sometimes who pays him a fat fee to hang out with him at the bar, but when Daddy Warbucks leaves about 10:30, he is available for mere mortals like me.

As for the privates room, it is true the curtains are gone. Orlando thinks the local authorities told management that the curtains were a no-no. Still, Boardwalk veterans will remember that in the past, the privates area was just one room with some small chairs against the wall. The current set-up is reasonably private, especially the two booths at the end of the hall. Dances are still $20, but I heard one entrepreneurial fellow asking for $25. Some also ask for $5-10 to tip the privates room monitor, passing on the expense that the dancers might otherwise have to pay. The monitor, who in the past had been a small androgynous guy who mostly played with his smartphone, has been replaced by a couple of bouncer-ish types. Still, I had zero trouble in the privates room.

Every go-go bar I have ever been to in the US and overseas seems about the same. It's hit or miss if the dancers are your type and will catch your eye. I like Boardwalk still because it's relatively effortless in terms of logistics: not far from the beach hotels, pretty safe area, easy to park, you can even get a tolerable bite to eat at Beefcake's if you skipped dinner. If there are a couple of guys who look good and aren't too aggressive, I'll be happy. Some, but not all the guys, will see you before or after work.

I went to BW last Saturday and Wednesday nights. Sat was pretty busy, about 20-25 dancers, not really busy but busier than my last visit in August. There was a good mix of dancers - all mostly Hispanic, some eastern Europeans, African Americans and a Caucasian or two. My favorites, AJ and MJ, weren't working but I had a good time with Roman, a Ukrainian with a perfectly chiseled muscled body. I had lap dance with him, and he was a lot of fun. He can be a bit serious at first but he eventually warms up and it a really nice guy.

Wednesday night, with the new dancer contest, was really busy. Busier than the Saturday before, and I was surprised how many people were there for mid week. Plenty of dancers again too, about 25. A really cute, and very built 20 year came in second place (Michael). He said he would start working there this weekend so I hope to go back on Saturday to see him.

I think Roman was previously in Key West, Boubon St. Pub. Dancers there told me he moved up to Miami. He is very muscular and very good looking and good for private dancing. Will get to the Boardwalk in January. This week i've been entertaining Tampa dancers and having fun.

Archived