$81M view in NYC

Kevin Slater
This topic is 3524 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can't even imagine living that high up. The views will make your jaw drop, but I wonder if living that high up would get tiresome after a while. Even the fastest elevator would take a couple of minutes to go up & down from the lobby to your floor (of course, the apartment takes up the entire floor). And would your ears ever stop popping? Then again, perhaps those minor nuisances would well be worth it just to show off to your friends and watch their jaws drop.

I couldn't find a listing that matched exactly, but I'm guessing this Streeteasy listing is the apartment the NYT is referring to (5 almost identical full-floor units occupy the top 5 floors of this skyscraper). Take a look at the monthly common charges (what most of us think of as HOA) and real estate tax: an eye-popping $32,452/mo, or $389,424/yr (and that doesn't include cable & Internet!). Granted, if your pockets are deep enough to snag an $82.5 million apartment, over a grand a day in monthlies should be no sweat. But for the average Joe, numbers like that will damn near make your head explode.

Archived