wonderland

taylorky
This topic is 7483 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Terrible film. I worked for Eddie just prior to the time frame of the film and it wasn't even close to realistic.

There was zero character developmentand few to no dynamics between characters. Also, characters pop in and out without any introduction or realistic flow.

Just looking at it as a movie - it sucked. The editing was awful, scenes did not fit well together, the writers show 3 different senarios on what could have happened (one from each of the main characters) and the acting was subpar. I really like Val Kilmer's acting in most of his projects, especially Heat and Joe The King but - he sucked in Wonderland.

And what the fuck was up with that map. They couldn't find a more creative way to display the geography?

I went to see this film with a sense of excitiment longing to rift away in an era that I loved (as I was able to do so sweetly with Boogie Nights) and was completely disappointed.

Eddie was a straight guy into young women and drugs. He was far mroe low key than the film makes him out to be and not as well known or important as it makes him seem. He also wasn't a very interesting person, there were far mroe characters in those days. But he was a very nice man who paid people well and took care of those loyal to him.

Ironically, many of the people who worked for Eddie were gay, including me. I worked at one of his clubs called Starwood. It was infamous times where thousands of dollars were kept on top of an office desk and the drugs were kept in the safe.

It was strange times with people into all types of fetishes some legal and some not. The cool thing about Starwood was the layout. The building was originally a bank with a huge vault. So those walls became a natural sound barrier between the disco and the live concert hall. In-between the two was one of about 4 bars. For some strange reason there were all these secret stairs and hallways that went between the two floors (the offices being ont he second level). These were not built afterward they were part of the original building.

So if I saw a hot twink for example it would not be uncommon to take him into one of these areas for some very quick fun. In fact, once ina while you would run into someone who had the same idea,lol. So, it could get crowded in there.

I remember a time when Steven Tyler said to then talent buyer David Knight (R.I.P. david I miss you), "I bet you would love to see us down there, pointing to the stage from the VIP balcony. And David being all tweaked out and unmoved by Aerosmith's fame looked at him and said, not really I have had bigger and better acts. The next night Aerosmith was playing a surprise show as Doctor Jones and the Interns. Naturally word of the surprise show was leaked out and man was that palced jammed. Nearly 7,000 people in the streets trying to get itno a club that legally held about 900. But one of the largest crowds to gather was when Peter Tosh played there. Rumor had spread the Mick Jagger and Keith Richard (who signed Tosh to their Sticky Finger's label) were going to perform with him. Well, about 14,000 crowded the intersection of Cresent heights and Santa Monica Blvd. The club was fined $15,000 for some BS and though Jagger was in attendance he never had any plans to perform that night, lol.

Quite a few people were discoverd at Starwood one that comes to mind right off is Van Halen. Gene Simmons from Kiss was there to see another band called the Boyz and was more impressed with Van Halen. Did their demo for them that included the original version of Running with The Devil.

One of the coolest people I met was Tom Robinson of the TOm Robinson band best known for his anthem, Glad To Be Gay. He was one of the first openly gay artists of that era and at the time had a twink keyboardist that I was hot for. TR was also pretty good looking too. He liked his boyz dark haired, dangerous and lean as he sang in one of his songs. Another strange fact gay Tom ended up getting married and has at least one child that I recall. If you can find his first American release Power In The Darkenss I highly recommend it.

Well, I guess I should change my name from random to rambling as this is far mroe than anyone wants to know. I got carried aways so delete me or sue me :)

Archived