Cruise Recommendations

BgMstr4u
This topic is 3567 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am thinking of taking a cruise. Not sure where, but I would prefer Europe over the Caribbean, Alaska, the Maritimes and Latin America, but not entirely closed to them. I would like it to be a gay cruise, but one where people like myself would feel comfortable. I'm 67, not in terrific shape, single. I'm well educated, social, imaginative and open to new experiences.

Any cruise recommendations?

Rich Campbell, the CEO of Atlantis Events Inc. bought its competitor RSVP several years ago.

Both companies coexist and cater to different public (even though they're owned by the same person).

To check what cruises RSVP has to offer visit their website: http://www.rsvpvacations.com

Contact Information

RSVP Vacations, LLC

2535 25th Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55406

800.328.RSVP (7787)

Fax 612.729.2809

info@rsvpvacations.com

My preference would be Atlantis, but if you are not traveling alone, and with a companion (not paid) I have had wonderful times traveling openly as a gay man on traditional cruises as well. I have never really encountered a problem, and found most of my dinner companions most curious. Traditonal cruises can be a tremendous amount of fun, in fact as some have mentioned in previous posts, also very cruisey. ;) I prefer Celebrity over NCL, and would recommend almost anywhere in the Mediterranean. I don't think that any of the ports of calls would disappoint, though the summer months can be hot.

As C4T mentions, going through a travel agents that puts groups of gay me together to travel on traditional cruises, is an another option. I have often seen groups of gay men traveling together on NCL and Celebrity.

Rich Campbell, the CEO of Atlantis Events Inc. bought its competitor RSVP several years ago.

Both companies coexist and cater to different public (even though they're owned by the same person).

To check what cruises RSVP has to offer visit their website: http://www.rsvpvacations.com[/color]

Contact Information

RSVP Vacations, LLC

800.328.RSVP (7787)

Fax 612.729.2809

info@rsvpvacations.com

Just wondered the different types of groups each one caters two.

To check what cruises RSVP has to offer visit their website: http://www.rsvpvacations.com[/color]

Contact Information

RSVP Vacations, LLC

800.328.RSVP (7787)

Fax 612.729.2809

info@rsvpvacations.com

I was on an Atlantis cruise recently and had lunch with Rich Campbell. He makes very little distinction between RSVP and Atlantis even though he kept the RSVP name and a separate website. RSVP caters slightly more to older cruisers. However, his same staff are sent to both venues...his company is small; he doesn't have a separate staff for RSVP versus Atlantis. Mostly marketing to capture the old RSVP market.

I've been on both Atlantis and RSVP, and they were both fine. But, to be honest, they were a little "too" gay. It was gay-in-your-face for 7 days. I've also been on several traditional cruises, usually taking my mother. In every case, I enjoyed these cruises the most. I was always amazed at the number of gay men taking their mothers on a cruise. We quite quickly found each other and formed our own group, usually meeting at night after "mother" goes to bed!

My strong preference of cruise line is Celebrity. They are the upscale sister company of RCL. I have found them to be a cut above. Snag a suite with butler service, if you can. A truly memorable experience.

That's my 50 cents, anyway. If you've never cruised before, you'll have fun, regardless!

Greetings; I'm sorry but all I hear about is Atlantis and RSVP who seem to have very restricted, well what I mean is limited travel offers. Unless you're willing to go for many weeks and across the ocean I don't see anything attractive. I would have thought there might be some gay cruises that would do 7 day cruises similar to something that NCL would do in different cities; not on west coast only or only to this country. Wow, it is sad that this is what has become of gay travel..

Pricing on both Atlantis and RSVP can be much higher than if you book a cruise elsewhere. I'm a huge fan of RCCL. Have had great experiences. Always see gay couples on board. They do post information about a daily Friends of Dorothy gathering that will bring together fellow family members.

Just wondered the different types of groups each one caters two.

RSVP caters to older and 'quieter' crowds and there are more couples on RSVP compared to Atlantis.

Atlantis caters to younger and party-oriented crowds (especially their January Caribbean cruise and October Mexican Riviera cruise)

When Atlantis sails away from the cruise ship terminal in Miami, the Drug Squad sends a drug-sniffing dog at embarkation. Never seen a similar scene on any other cruise liner ... Just sayin' ;)

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dogs-sniff.jpg

If you have the feeling that RSVP or Atlantis all-gay cruises might be too "overwhelming" for a week, BgMstr4u, you may want to look into Pied Piper Travel http://www.piedpipertravel.com/gaygroupcruises

And remember: your cruise is what YOU make of it ! :cool:

Pricing on both Atlantis and RSVP can be much higher than if you book a cruise elsewhere. I'm a huge fan of RCCL. Have had great experiences. Always see gay couples on board. They do post information about a daily Friends of Dorothy gathering that will bring together fellow family members.

Yes; I would not go on Atlantis again because it was full fare, whereas had I gone on a 'regular' (non charter) cruise, I could have gotten a considerable discount. There were a good number of couples on my cruise, I would mention. Still, I like the diversity of a 'regular' cruise. It was interesting to go on it but once was enough lol

Archived