Men the Strip cast member kills himself

MrMiniver
This topic is 3638 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.people.com/article/nate-estimada-dead-men-of-the-strip-jeff-timmons-midknight-cowboy

I think I recall this Jeff Timmons strip show being discussed here recently. Turns out one of the cast members killed himself by driving his car off a cliff last week. Sad when this happens to young people.

Thanks Mr. Miniver. Such a tragedy. May he rest in peace. I just will never understand how someone so young, decides that living, is not the better option.

Thanks Mr. Miniver. Such a tragedy. May he rest in peace. I just will never understand how someone so young, decides that living, is not the better option.

Yes, BVB, I agree with you. But then I started thinking, unless maybe you are in pain from a terminal disease, it's sad if an older person decides this too.

Gman

Yes, BVB, I agree with you. But then I started thinking, unless maybe you are in pain from a terminal disease, it's sad if an older person decides this too.

Gman

Indeed Gman you are correct. Years ago I had a dear friend who was a doctor in his mid fifties. He got cancer, which was operable, and being a doctor, he realized it early on, but decided that he had lived long enough, and wanted the cancer to take its natural course. He did not tell family or friends until he was in the advanced stages. When he finally told me, he asked me to take off work and take care of him the remaining few months. We had continuous heated debates over me wanting to get him treatment, which he refused. Respecting someone else's life, and how they choose to live it, is a very difficult thing to do. Finally one day he collapsed in his home, and I was unable to lift him, so I finally called paramedics. We rushed him to the hospital, and even then, he refused any treatment or procedure that would prolong his life. "I'm done", he told the doctors, "I'm tired of living. It was devastating to watch. I had never known someone who just wanted his life to be over. He was so bright, and had so much to live for. To this day, I accept, but do not understand, someones desire to leave this world sooner than is necessary.

Gosh, bigvalboy, it was one thing for the doc to want to go on his own terms, out to draw you into it when you clearly disagreed doesn't seem to have been fair. I would have told him that if I got involved, I had a say in what happened as I did not want to just sit by and watch a friend die.

Gman

Yes, but I think most people find it very tragic -- perhaps grading the levels of tragedy are not right -- when a young person decides to end their life before it seemingly gets started.

Gosh, bigvalboy, it was one thing for the doc to want to go on his own terms, out to draw you into it when you clearly disagreed doesn't seem to have been fair. I would have told him that if I got involved, I had a say in what happened as I did not want to just sit by and watch a friend die.

It wasn't my life to decide how to live it. I can only say that at that moment in his life, he needed me.

Yes, of course, but it was your choice to get involved. I couldn't have done that when I strongly disagreed with it.

I certainly respect that, many of his family and friends felt exactly as you do, and told him so, but sitting here today and reflecting back, I realize that I never considered myself having a choice. The thought of not helping him was incomprehensible to me, and twenty years later, I don't have one single regret. In many respects we helped each other.

I think that this is an interesting subject. To consider ones life and the value we put on it. As I first mentioned, I accept, but do not always understand the choices people often make in terms of life and death.

So your loyalty to your friend prevailed despite your misgivings. Obviously it was your decision and long since made, but it is an interesting question. One might suggest that loyalty isn't blind, that doing what was best for your friend should have prevailed, but I make no judgment on that since I wasn't in your shoes. I guess if I had been the friend I would want the loyalty to go the way it did. And you are happy with your choice. Was there really anything that could have saved him for a longer life yet a life without pain? We are probably getting to a private message level now.

So your loyalty to your friend prevailed despite your misgivings. Obviously it was your decision and long since made, but it is an interesting question. One might suggest that loyalty isn't blind, that doing what was best for your friend should have prevailed, but I make no judgment on that since I wasn't in your shoes. I guess if I had been the friend I would want the loyalty to go the way it did. And you are happy with your choice. Was there really anything that could have saved him for a longer life yet a life without pain? We are probably getting to a private message level now.

Agreed, in fact I have diverted far off topic. Perhaps someday we will be able to have a discussion on this subject face to face. I will say however, that my situation is not entirely different than someone having a medical directive to ensure that specific wishes regarding their medical care be carried out. Even now, Rarely a day goes by that I do not think about my friend. I am at peace with the decisions that I made.

Agreed, in fact I have diverted far off topic. Perhaps someday we will be able to have a discussion on this subject face to face. I will say however, that my situation is not entirely different than someone having a medical directive to ensure that specific wishes regarding their medical care be carried out. Even now, Rarely a day goes by that I do not think about my friend. I am at peace with the decisions that I made.
BVB, a big hug to you from me. In my mind, you have given an accurate description of just what love really is. You were willing to stand by your friend and say, "Not my will, but your will in this matter." You were willing to help when you didn't have a say in the overall course. You just loved your friend. Just a look at another facet of that Amazing Diamond named BVB.

BVB, a big hug to you from me. In my mind, you have given an accurate description of just what love really is. You were willing to stand by your friend and say, "Not my will, but your will in this matter." You were willing to help when you didn't have a say in the overall course. You just loved your friend. Just a look at another facet of that Amazing Diamond named BVB.

Very well said! A friend indeed. http://u.jimdo.com/www61/o/s40013d446ecabafd/img/i579a00f917082c84/1349943928/std/image.gif

http://www.people.com/article/nate-estimada-dead-men-of-the-strip-jeff-timmons-midknight-cowboy

I think I recall this Jeff Timmons strip show being discussed here recently. Turns out one of the cast members killed himself by driving his car off a cliff last week. Sad when this happens to young people.

'Men Of The Strip' Suicide: Nate Estimada Was Depressed Before Driving Off Cliff

Nate Estimada was reportedly dealing with depression prior to his tragic death.

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/news/140707/nate-estimada-300.jpg

The Men Of The Strip star was pronounced dead on Wednesday after he drove off a cliff in a mountainous area of the City of Industry in Los Angeles, and now, new details about the days leading up to his suicide are being revealed.

"[Estimada] had been suffering from depression before he drove off a cliff," TMZ reported on June 23. "[Estimada]'s close friend -- one of the other dancers -- told the rest of the cast Estimada had [been] getting treatment for depression ... and he was just having a rough time dealing with things."

On Saturday, TMZ was the first to report that 24-year-old Estimada had killed himself by driving his Ford Mustang into a landfill and dropping at least 40 feet. The incident occurred on Wednesday afternoon, and although it has yet to be revealed whether or not Estimada was on drugs at the time of the incident, authorities did confirm that the plunge was intentional.

According to TMZ, multiple sources confirmed to them that Estimada simply wasn't himself during his final performance in Boston last Friday night. However, when co-stars attempted to address the issue with Estimada, he was unreceptive.

Following Estimada's passing, a rep for Men Of The Strip released a statement, which read, "The cast and management of Men of the Strip thank you for your heartfelt condolences and expressions of love and support."

Estimada was a member of the male revue show launched by former 98 Degrees singer Jeff Timmons.

On Instagram, Timmons offered his condolences.

"I am heartbroken at the passing of my brother Nate Estimada," he wrote. "Nate was a gift to all of us, and will be missed not only personally as a friend, but as a member of Men of the Strip."

source: http://www.celebeat.com/articles/13073/20140623/men-of-the-strip-suicide-nate-estimada-was-depressed-before-driving-off-cliff.htm

Thanks for raising such an interesting question. Of course I would love to discuss it more when we can.

'Men Of The Strip' Suicide: Nate Estimada Was Depressed Before Driving Off Cliff

Nate Estimada was reportedly dealing with depression prior to his tragic death.

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/news/140707/nate-estimada-300.jpg

The Men Of The Strip star was pronounced dead on Wednesday after he drove off a cliff in a mountainous area of the City of Industry in Los Angeles, and now, new details about the days leading up to his suicide are being revealed.

"[Estimada] had been suffering from depression before he drove off a cliff," TMZ reported on June 23. "[Estimada]'s close friend -- one of the other dancers -- told the rest of the cast Estimada had [been] getting treatment for depression ... and he was just having a rough time dealing with things."

On Saturday, TMZ was the first to report that 24-year-old Estimada had killed himself by driving his Ford Mustang into a landfill and dropping at least 40 feet. The incident occurred on Wednesday afternoon, and although it has yet to be revealed whether or not Estimada was on drugs at the time of the incident, authorities did confirm that the plunge was intentional.

According to TMZ, multiple sources confirmed to them that Estimada simply wasn't himself during his final performance in Boston last Friday night. However, when co-stars attempted to address the issue with Estimada, he was unreceptive.

Following Estimada's passing, a rep for Men Of The Strip released a statement, which read, "The cast and management of Men of the Strip thank you for your heartfelt condolences and expressions of love and support."

Estimada was a member of the male revue show launched by former 98 Degrees singer Jeff Timmons.

On Instagram, Timmons offered his condolences.

"I am heartbroken at the passing of my brother Nate Estimada," he wrote. "Nate was a gift to all of us, and will be missed not only personally as a friend, but as a member of Men of the Strip."

source: http://www.celebeat.com/articles/13073/20140623/men-of-the-strip-suicide-nate-estimada-was-depressed-before-driving-off-cliff.htm

Steven, thanks for that information. It does go to show how we think people might be fine just because they are quite hot, but it isn't always so. It's tragic when we find out too late for anyone to have helped.

Archived