New "rent-boy" sauna opened in Sao Paulo two days ago - Sauna Deck493

imrthr
This topic is 3643 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I will return to Brazil next week where I will be able to visit, first hand, a new sauna in Sao Paulo that opened a couple of days ago.

Those of us who travel to Brazil know that many saunas with "garotos" have closed. In Sao Paulo (a city of at least 18 million) there is only one viable sauna - Sauna Lagoa. Lagoa is still doing fairly well but poor sauna Fragata is, sadly, on its last legs, so to speak.

It is refreshing to see that a new sauna is in Sao Paulo to enjoy.

Here is a link to the new sauna - http://www.deck493.com/

Notice the photos that are shot within the sauna. It appears that everything is new.

Hopefully, the sauna will do well and it will attract great garotos and customers.

Those who remember saunas Alterosas, Bon Vivon, Boys Club and Paradise have seen how quickly a sauna can close. Let us hope that this sauna does well and does not close for many years.

After my first visit, I will write a follow up post to give my personal opinion of the place.

-

Looking forward to your report. Have a fantastic time in Brazil! Wish I could be there too. Get some for me ;-)

I will return to Brazil next week where I will be able to visit, first hand, a new sauna in Sao Paulo that opened a couple of days ago.

Those of us who travel to Brazil know that many saunas with "garotos" have closed. In Sao Paulo (a city of at least 18 million) there is only one viable sauna - Sauna Lagoa. Lagoa is still doing fairly well but poor sauna Fragata is, sadly, on its last legs, so to speak.

It is refreshing to see that a new sauna is in Sao Paulo to enjoy.

Here is a link to the new sauna - http://www.deck493.com/

Notice the photos that are shot within the sauna. It appears that everything is new.

Hopefully, the sauna will do well and it will attract great garotos and customers.

Those who remember saunas Alterosas, Bon Vivon, Boys Club and Paradise have seen how quickly a sauna can close. Let us hope that this sauna does well and does not close for many years.

After my first visit, I will write a follow up post to give my personal opinion of the place.

-

I don't fully understand Portuguese, but I don't see anywhere in the website that it mentions garatos de programma. Are you sure it isn't just a sauna without boys?

When I return to Brazil next week, it will be my 117th trip - Yes, I am sure that the sauna is a rent-boy sauna.

If you were to view the web address for Lagoa or Fragata (two well known saunas with rent-boys), there is no language on those sites stating that there are rent-boys on the premises.

http://www.thermaslagoa.com.br/

http://www.termasfragata.com.br/

Although, in Brazil, prostitution is legal, it is not legal for the facility (where prostitution takes place) to make any profits from the activity. The sauna owners charge for room rental, therefore, the sauna owner is profiting from the activity. Hence, there is no mention of prostitution in any advertising including its web site.

There are rumors that sauna owners pay a "fee" to the local police to look the other way with regard to enforcing (not enforcing) the law with respect to sauna owners profiting from the activities related to prostitution.

As I mentioned in my initial post, many rent-boy saunas in Sao Paulo have closed over the years with Lagoa remaining the strongest of the remaining two left. This new sauna, looks very good from its photos which should make for a pleasant visit (I hope).

Like I wrote, after my visit, I will let people know my opinion of the sauna.

-

I too am looking forward to your review. The history of new saunas in Sao Paulo is not a happy one. A pity about the decline of Fragata. I have very fond memories over the years including my last visit which was as recent as last September. Have a great trip.

I too am looking forward to your review. The history of new saunas in Sao Paulo is not a happy one. A pity about the decline of Fragata. I have very fond memories over the years including my last visit which was as recent as last September.

On your visit(s) to Fragata last September, was the place busy or did it shows signs that it is not long for this world?

During the past few months, I noticed there were a few days when Fragata had a decent showing of clients and garotos. Then, there were days when Fragta was like a depressing and abandoned cave.

I am curious if you happen to get lucky and visited on a "good" day rather than a day when very few customers were there.

-

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, I said that I would visit the new sauna a few times before offering my opinion of the place. Well, here are my observations and opinion:

The sauna is located near a residential area. There is no Metro that goes near the sauna. Therefore, if you want to go to the sauna, you must either drive, take a taxi or a bus.

The sauna facilities are quite nice and modern. The employees and owners are friendly and courteous.

Please remember, most of us who visit a rent-boy sauna go there to meet a garoto. However, on the three ocassions I visited the sauna, there was not one garoto interesting to me. There were several clients and some of those clients were obnoxiously loud.

On two of the three nights I visited the sauna, it rained. Obviously, rain has a negative influence on the turnout of clients and garotos.

I do not know if three visits are sufficient to make a fair assessment about the new sauna. I do know that I probably will not return to the new sauna unless I hear some favorable reports about the place.

At the present time, my opinion of the sauna can be summarized in one word - disappointing!

By the way, even though the rent-boy sauna scene in Brazil has markedly declined in the past several years, there are lots of other ways to meet available and good looking garotos. You just have to know where they likely hang out, lower your inhibitions and either visit Brazil with a friend who knows Portuguese and where the garotos are, or, learn some Portuguese on your own then learn where the garotos are.

Unquestionably, Brazil has changed (negatively) from what it was when I first started visiting here, sauna wise. Nonetheless, I still enjoy coming here and travel here many times each year and plan to continue traveling here. Despite the sauna decline, the garotos are plentiful and available, provided you can communicate with them. Little to no English is spoken in Brazil. That is a problem for many.

-

-

I was in Sampa 2 weeks ago and just now have time to comment. I decided to take one for the team. It's a little less than a mile walk from the metro station Santos-Imigrantes. Granted, it was a Thursday and I got there just before 6pm. Nice facility, small. There was the door attendant and a bartender whot got my towel, etc. 2 customers plus myself. One more came in a little later. Nursed a beer for about an hour and decided to leave. After dressing, didn't see the bartender and asked to door attendant on the way out. Weird, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about or understood my portuguese. He just kept shaking his head.

Archived