Bates eye candy

jakeleyman
This topic is 3712 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Can I just vent. I know this subject has come up before, but whoever is in charge of casting the silly tv show, Bates Motel - I'd like to have his job. He (gotta be a gay guy) must spend every waking hour looking for exquisite hunks. Max Thierot's shirtless bathroom scene last week and the appearance of Keenan Tracey OMG this week drove me up the wall.

Thanks for letting me vent. I just don't have anyone else with whom to do so. For some reason, my pics of these guys wouldn't post here.

Can I just vent. I know this subject has come up before, but whoever is in charge of casting the silly tv show, Bates Motel - I'd like to have his job. He (gotta be a gay guy) must spend every waking hour looking for exquisite hunks. Max Thierot's shirtless bathroom scene last week and the appearance of Keenan Tracey OMG this week drove me up the wall.

Thanks for letting me vent. I just don't have anyone else with whom to do so. For some reason, my pics of these guys wouldn't post here.

Keenan Tracey, yes. Max's tattoos detract from his appearance.

I would hardly call this a "silly" show. I think Bates Motel is one of the best things on TV mostly because both Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are giving such good performances. The way they explore the mythology of Psycho is quite interesting.

I am sorry it took a full season and a half to see Max shirtless. I hope we get more of that. Soon. And Often.

To me, the hottest guy on the show is Nestor Carbonell. Those eyes! I lusted after him when he was on "Lost".

Too old and it looks like he's had quite a bit of work done around the eyes. I find it creepy to look at. But he was hot in the day.

i think Nester is the hottest guy in the show too-am finding the show ludicrous though, but still watching> I think the writing is awful, so many totally unrealistic scenes, I find Vera Farmiga waaaaaay over the top, plus setting it in modern times for me completely minimizes the effect. One of the reasons it was so effective in the 60s is because people really did not know how to treat such cases....this is way too far fetched. Also Norman Bates was a complete loner, also most likely a virgin. the fact he has friends, girlfriends, a brother, a cell phone etc completely takes away from what he was supposed to be. Only my thoughts....for what they are worth. (PS: having said that, I am still watching, am sort of OCD that way!)

Max Thierot

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8o6TVDxTYS0AxL6JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIyMWx1a2ZrBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAMyYTJjN2Q5MTBhMjNkYjU1MzVhNDU2YmI0OGRmODg1NgRncG9zAzEEaXQDYmluZw--?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dmax%2Bthieriot%2Bshirtless%2Bbates%2Bmotel%26n%3D60%26ei%3Dutf-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-901-s%26fr2%3Dsa-gp%26ri%3D33%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D1&w=700&h=467&imgurl=2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-4xfe6A8hej8%2FUYf-XrBJNCI%2FAAAAAAAAXiA%2F4kf1ZMIOddw%2Fs1600%2Ftumblr_mlosan3nyD1ro8niuo3_1280.png&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthestarscomeouttoplay.blogspot.com%2F2013%2F05%2Fmax-thieriot-new-shirtless-pics.html&size=160.1KB&name=currently+appearing+in+the+tv+series+%3Cb%3Ebates+motel%3C%2Fb%3E&p=max+thieriot+shirtless+bates+motel&oid=2a2c7d910a23db5535a456bb48df8856&fr2=sa-gp&fr=yfp-t-901-s&tt=currently+appearing+in+the+tv+series+%3Cb%3Ebates+motel%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=128&no=1&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12mnbtt09&sigb=14ftdsnav&sigi=13ctutqni&sigt=11njg2hcu&sign=11njg2hcu&.crumb=ctY3j8Poq4l&fr=yfp-t-901-s

Keenan Tracy

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEVzhXVDxTF2EAi9lXNyoA;_ylc=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--?gprid=SazKkPhnTDOEqF9Rz0kloA&pvid=VOjsqTk4LjFYPzIXUoy2NAraMTA4LlM8VFf_qFVY&p=keenan+tracey&fr2=sa-gp&fr=yfp-t-901-s

Nestor Carbonell

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEV0I5VTxT2AkAr29XNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGJjawM1Z2ZwaTJ0OThwZGhrJTI2YiUzRDQlMjZkJTNENUdRamVRSnBZRjVxeGNnZEQyV1FMcmVBd3Q2SkRSdjlaaDZ1VnctLSUyNnMlM0RjOCUyNmklM0Rpd2duVXR1UjRUaGdkT3h3eXBhZwRmcgN5ZnAtdC05MDEtcwRncHJpZANxZU0xbThseFQ1YUhsM0NnN2xPWFdBBG10ZXN0aWQDQURNUiUzRFNNRTQyNiUyNkFEU1JQJTNEU01FNDM5JTI2QVNTVCUzRFFJMDYyJTI2VE4wMSUzRFZJUDM5MSUyNlVJMDElM0RWSVA0MDIlMjZVTkklM0RSQ0YwNDQEbl9yc2x0AzEwBG5fc3VnZwMxBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzI2BHF1ZXJ5A25lc3RvciBjYXJib25lbGwgc2hpcnRsZXNzBHRfc3RtcAMxMzk2NDYyOTE0MDU2BHZ0ZXN0aWQDVklQNDAy?gprid=qeM1m8lxT5aHl3Cg7lOXWA&pvid=2incGDk4LjFYPzIXUoy2NAl3MTA4LlM8VTn_xKmY&p=nestor+carbonell+shirtless&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-901-s

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEV0I5VTxT2AkAr29XNyoA;_ylc=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?gprid=qeM1m8lxT5aHl3Cg7lOXWA&pvid=2incGDk4LjFYPzIXUoy2NAl3MTA4LlM8VTn_xKmY&p=nestor+carbonell+shirtless&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-901-s

To me, the hottest guy on the show is Nestor Carbonell. Those eyes! I lusted after him when he was on "Lost".

Too old and it looks like he's had quite a bit of work done around the eyes. I find it creepy to look at. But he was hot in the day.

i think Nester is the hottest guy in the show too-am finding the show ludicrous though, but still watching> I think the writing is awful, so many totally unrealistic scenes, I find Vera Farmiga waaaaaay over the top, plus setting it in modern times for me completely minimizes the effect. One of the reasons it was so effective in the 60s is because people really did not know how to treat such cases....this is way too far fetched. Also Norman Bates was a complete loner, also most likely a virgin. the fact he has friends, girlfriends, a brother, a cell phone etc completely takes away from what he was supposed to be. Only my thoughts....for what they are worth. (PS: having said that, I am still watching, am sort of OCD that way!)

So glad you're in the minority on this one. Critics love the show and audiences are flocking to it and Vera Farmiga has been nominated for just about every award possible for it. But not everything can like the same stuff, right?

yes, i have no problem being in the minority, I enjoy the show in a campy way, I just don't think it is great writing.

"Critics love the show" Not this one:

Creepy and cockeyed, unholy and unnerving, Top Of The Lake is riveting stuff. Alas, the only way in which the word “riveting” might be employed in connection with Bates Motel is if you decide to do it to your head after watching an hour. After three sequels and a mind-bogglingly pointless shot-for-shot remake by Gus Van Sant, I didn’t think any further indignity could be inflicted on Alfred Hitchcock’s squirmy masterpiece Psycho. But I stand corrected.

Freddie Highmore ( The Art Of Getting By) haplessly stars as budding sociopath Norman Bates and Vera Farmiga ( Up In The Air) as his smothering mother Norma in this bit of exploitation blather that is perhaps the ultimate statement on nonlinear storytelling, a prequel set in 2013 to a film set in 1960.

Having started with a bad premise, producers Carlton Cuse ( Lost) and Kerry Ehrin ( Friday Night Lights) then made it infinitely worse by rejecting the loneliness and isolation that were the nucleus of Hitchcock’s film. In his telling, the Bates Motel, the murderous lair in which weary and unwary travelers lost their lives in Psycho, wasn’t even located in a town.

But Cuse and Ehrin have invented one for their show and turned into a Twin Peaks-style wormhole from which pops up every worldly matter of evil, and unlike Top Of The Lake, nothing is subtle. Top Of The Lake gives away its dire secrets only under pressure and after considerable misdirection; Bates Motel is like an Easter parade of slasher-flick villainy. Rapist goons! Narcotraffickers! Sex-slavers! Pray that we can stop this before season two, Bates Motel: Hitler & The Kardashians.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/17/3291295/tension-builds-in-the-lake-but.html#storylink=cpy

This one kind of sums up my feelings about it too-not trying to prove you wrong, just showing that there are critics who did not love the show:

http://www.slantmagazine.com/tv/review/bates-motel-season-one/393

This is more balances review that is in the middle:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/tv-review-bates-motel-article-1.1290085

I'll happily be in the minority with Top of the Lake. Perhaps it was creepy, it may even have been very good. But I gave up after 1 episode because except for Elizabeth Moss I couldn't understand a word anyone was saying. Those accents were so thick (except for Holly Hunter who drifted in and out of that cranky Southern thing she has been doing for over 20 years) and so awful that I couldn't get past that.

I do not profess to know anything about acting, but Vera Farmiga seems like an interesting actress to me - just the way she handles herself, her little quirks and various reactions to her peculiar offspring. On top of that, she is quite a singer - I enjoyed hearing her try out for a role in a musical.

I do not profess to know anything about acting, but Vera Farmiga seems like an interesting actress to me - just the way she handles herself, her little quirks and various reactions to her peculiar offspring. On top of that, she is quite a singer - I enjoyed hearing her try out for a role in a musical.

I adore her. Check her out in the little seen film from 2013 -- At Middleton -- with the equally good Andy Garcia. A little movie, well made and acted, that's funny and wistful and sad all at the same time.

Archived