For Whom the Bell Tolls

Will
This topic is 7556 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know all the facts, by any means, but according to the articles in the Washington Post, I believe he molested both girls and boys.

I am not defending child molesters in any sense of the word, but I believe that pedophiles are born that way, just like gays are born that way, and as such have no more control over what they are than gays have over what they are. As Trixie so intelligently pointed out, it was not that long ago that all the health professionals branded gays as aberrant sick individuals and as such gays were often subject to legal prosecution and imprisonment. IMO, pedophilia is something no one would choose, but is just something someone is and no amount of punishment, drugs, jail time etc., is going to change their natures, just as it would not change someone who is gay.

Pedophiles are attracted to children, period, and the pedophile's sexual orientation has nothing to do with the gender of his "victim".

I don't often find myself in agreement with Flower, but I do on this point. IMO, the Massachusettes penal system, whether as an entity or as an action by individuals, set this man up to be murdered, by putting him in the same cell block as a known neo-Nazi, homophobic killer. THAT IS WRONG PERIOD!! and those that allowed it to come about should be investigated and reprimanded/punished under the law.

I do not support capital punishment, under any circumstances. After all only God has the right to make a life/death decision. If I was on a jury, I would never in good conscience be able to sentence someone to death. Just put him/her away forever so he/she can not hurt anyone else. Doesn't that accomplish the same thing as putting some one to death?

I find it personally repugnant for anyone, under any circumstances to revel and celebrate the death of another human being and God forbid to justify that death as "he/she deserved it".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived