"Private" Dances On the Upswing in US?

rickvt
This topic is 3735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Seems like "private" dances are on the upswing in many US stripper bars.

From comments here, it appears that more clubs are offering same and/or

providing more secluded areas for one on one fun. I do wonder if some

local "authority" may decide to make that an issue, especially if this is an

election year, when they love to make headlines that they are "protecting"

the morals of the community. And local TV stations love the "perp walks".

Seems like "private" dances are on the upswing in many US stripper bars.

From comments here, it appears that more clubs are offering same and/or

providing more secluded areas for one on one fun. I do wonder if some

local "authority" may decide to make that an issue, especially if this is an

election year, when they love to make headlines that they are "protecting"

the morals of the community. And local TV stations love the "perp walks".

Well I understand your reasoning, but I'm not altogether sure that is true. I think it really depends on the area. In SoCal, well WEHO to be specific, private dances have 'never' been allowed, although what you did with the dancer on the floor was fairly liberal. The Abbey advertised privates, but as of my moving, that turned out not to be accurate. All of us LA boys just accepted that and went with the flow, but recently the Sheriff's dept. has been doing sting operations at some of the more popular strip clubs, and has shut much of the touching that goes on the floor down. In FTL private dances were always allowed although the Boardwalk didn't decide to do offer more secluded VIP area until Swinging Richards moved to Pompano, which is only a cab ride away. I think it was pressure to try and retain their customer base. So far neither the BW or SW to my knowledge has ever had a problem.

So you have LA, on of the largest cities in the US cracking down, and FTL in Broward County with one of the largest gay communities in the US, not only accepting new VIP areas at the BW, but allowing Swinging Richards to open a new club. And BTW, on any given night there is a FLP officer either in the club or in the parking lot, and they have never said a word. My take is that as gay Baby boomers retire that there will be more demand for strip clubs, especially in Florida, which is growing faster in population than New York. One has to wonder if local authorities would really want to take on such an issue with such a large gay voting population that is growing by leaps and bounds. Let's hope that your theory does not prove to be true.

it definitely depends on the local market/rules. I have never had a private dance in Orlando. and In Tampa/ST. Pete it is sporadic. There were some a few years ago, then there were none but last October I found someone willing to do it. Key West /Bourbon St private dances every night. Miami Beach/Twist happens right out on the floor not private at all. It doesn't happen at Secrets in DC. What about NYC? does it only happen at the special events like Adonis and Buffboyzz?

Archived