What is the GLBT community in Long Beach like??

carlos45
This topic is 3900 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've never been there, opinions??

My knowledge of the community is fairly limited. I have only visited. I do have several friends who live in Long Beach. I made the insane drive down the 710 at least once a month. So from a visitors stand point, I have always found the gay bars and clubs very friendly. It is more spread out, a bit dated perhaps, and lacking the excitement of an area like WEHO or the Castro in SF. That being said, and since there is so much more to a gay community than the bars and clubs, I just love the attitude of the Long Beach gay community. I have been to pride twice, and had an amazing time. I found the people to much more friendly than WEHO, with a greater sense of community. My favorite "Lesbeons" live there and they say that by and large the gay community in LB is more accepting of women than in WEHO. Both are very involved with the LB GLBT community. When I was in LA, I would go to LB to see friends, but never had one of those wild memorable nights like I did in WEHO, because the hike home was brutal.

Some quick advice, if you want to check it out, I would make a nice long weekend of it. If you live in LA, driving down just for the night can be challenging.

Archived