Helios Resort in Palm Springs

niceguyaz
This topic is 3880 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi guys - I'll be staying there during a special strip show and play party. Can any one tell me about it - rooms, facility, staff, usual guests? I'm an older, chubby man and hope I'll feel comfortable there. Mainly going to ogle (and tip) the hunky Black strippers.

I have stayed there, the Ritz it ain't. lol... Bottom line, it is not my 'cup of tea'.....That being said, the facility is relatively clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They will make you feel like a welcome guest, and for me at least, no request went unanswered. If the strip show and play party is at Helios, then staying there is a must I would think. I found a nice well rounded group of guests from all shapes, sizes and ages. It is not a particularly large resort, fairly typical of a Palm Springs gay resort, but it is laid out so that the guest will have a great time. There is a pool and Jacuzzi of course, and there are a lot of small secluded areas on the resort grounds that are set aside for just (ahem) play. On one particular night they had an outdoor party that started around 9 pm, as I recall, and went until all hours. Several of the local boys paid a small fee and came in just for the night party. It was like an outdoor bath house. I can't imagine you not feeling at home and comfortable. No one will care about your age or size, and if ogle and tipping is on your agenda, then you are going to the right place...good luck.

Thank-you very much BVB for the information - that was very kind, and informative. I'm not really going for the "play party" - just the strippers. Maybe one of them will be available as a professional "date".

My guess would be that certainly some of them would be available, at least that is what I have found to be true in most strip clubs. Sounds like you are in for a memorable time....;)

I love Helios. First of all, it has my favorite jacuzzi in the entire world. I could sit in there for hours. But a couple of years ago, we found out what happens when someone does that, especially when they shouldn't medically. Orthostatic hypotension isn't fun. Unless it is at a party night with 50-75 naked guys running around while the EMTs are tending to the guy who passed out. I still contend some of the EMTs came back to the party after their shift was done.

The rooms are comfortable, but BVB is right, this isn't the Ritz either. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast isn't fancy but very good. There are guests of all ages and sizes so the "isms" shouldn't come into play (ageism, sizeism). It's just a comfortable, laid back scene.

Helios is where quite a few of us stay every year for the forum's Palm Springs weekend. It isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it suits me fine.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I like leigh I absolutely despise Helios. It is too blatantly sleazy for me. Now if you are looking for the epitome of Palm Springs gay party raunch Helios is definitely the place to be. I find INNdulge less blatant though it is still clothing optional. The Casa Ocotillo is quite small and intimate but unfortunately located a bit out of the way. It is also clothing optional. In my opinion the classiest clothing optional gay resort in Palm Spring is The Hacienda at Warm Springs. The place is beautiful but NOT cheap. East Canyon Hotel and Spa is very nice but not clothing optional and also a little out of the way.

Small resort with about 12 rooms, each room unique, several steps above a typical motel. The rooms are in two rows with the fairly large pool in between. One end that doesn't have a rooms is a very tall wall that runs across the front of the property. The back wall has the Jazuzzi, a seating area, and a kitchen where they you'll find europium style breakfast in the morning. A couple of areas that are for fun and games complete the property. Photos here.

The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and discrete. They go home at about 5pm unless there is an event. The guests are spread over a wide range from twinks to mature men. Any attitude about patrons are kept to ones self.

Take your clothing off, stand proud, and get an all over tan. Remember that this is your place and it's private. It's difficult to go wrong. The worst that will happen is that some young cub may wander by and offer to rub suntan lotion on you. Also you can't go wrong with the jacuzzi.

Small store 1/2 food, and 1/2 liquor is at the end of the street and to the left about 1/2 a block well within walking distance even for Daddy. Denny's is one block off the end of the street (walk through the parking lot at the top of the "T" intersection.

Remember the old adage when it comes to tipping the strippers: "The bigger the bill, The bigger the thrill!" Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Hi guys - I'll be staying there during a special strip show and play party. Can any one tell me about it - rooms, facility, staff, usual guests? I'm an older, chubby man and hope I'll feel comfortable there. Mainly going to ogle (and tip) the hunky Black strippers.

You say blatantly sleazy like its a bad thing. :p. We sluts of the world have to have some place to go, don't we??? We all can't be prim and proper school teachers, can we?
Lee, I hate seeing you calling yourself a slut as much as I do the f-word. Can't you just say, "Late Bloomer" or "Devotees to Dionysus"?

Archived