Christian Group Barred at Gay Days

SmallTownJohn
This topic is 7663 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Just heard on the Orlando news that due to new regulations

>post 9/11, christian groups will no longer be able to hire

>planes to fly over Disney & Universal bearing banners like

>"God Hates Fags" It's restricted air space now. God love 'em

http://www.ezshots.com/members/blueman/images/blueman-104.jpg

When I first moved to Chicago I was amused to note that the Moody Bible Institute offered several classes in small plane repair. This puzzled me at first, but then I realized they're training missionaries.

I guess the fag flyovers are something to keep the folks who are between missions in practice.

>Glad to see the new security regulations sometimes work in

>our favor too!

It also means other Theme Parks and attractions in the area can't promote their facilities in the Disney Area - "Land Of The Free".

You will also note that there are now no longer any webcams available for viewing in Disney or Orlando, Freedom of the Web?

One other thing I have also noticed about Walt Disney World, their hotel pools are not fenced whereas all other hotels in the area have them as a mandatory requirement.

Unc

Pool fencing is often a local zoning code, rathe than a state requirement. Disney is located in it's own jurisdiction. It is called the Reedy Creek Improvement Disctrict.

The District was created in 1967 when the Florida Legislature passed an act sponsored by delegations from Orange and Osceola counties which created the Reedy Creek Improvement District, combining within one multi-purpose district many of the various powers then found in limited purpose taxing districts in Florida. The act clearly outlines the District's authority to provide essential public services such as drainage and flood control, solid waste collection, wastewater treatment, pest control, fire protection, and the regulation of building codes and land use within the district. It also gives the District authority to issue bonds to finance these improvements and services. The charter also sets forth a number of responsibilities and opportunities for the District, ranging from the promotion of conservation and resources... to the promotion and creation of favorable conditions for the development and practical application of advanced concepts and designs for a recreation oriented community... to the establishment of reclamation, drainage and irrigation of land... to construction and maintenance of essential infrastructure.

As a special taxing district, The Reedy Creek Improvement District must operate in accordance with state laws governing such districts. Just as any city or county, the income is derived from taxes and fees imposed within its boundaries. In the case of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, the major portion of taxes are paid to the District by Walt Disney World Co. and other property owners, who also pay property taxes to Orange and Osceola Counties.

From its inception, the Reedy Creek Improvement District has been a leader in requiring sprinkler systems within all permanent and most temporary buildings. It also requires extensive networks of smoke and heat detectors requirements that always exceed generally accepted standards.

These high-technology systems are automatically monitored by computers which alert the Reedy Creek Improvement District fire department well in advance of actual combustion. This sophisticated fire protection system has held the structural fire loss rate within the District to the lowest of any community of its size in the world--to less than $100,000 total--in the past seven years.

The Department serves the property from three stations housing fire suppression apparatus and rescue equipment staffed by certified firefighters, paramedics and fire prevention inspection personnel.

The Reedy Creek Improvement District introduced the innovative EPCOT Building Codes which are based on a philosophy that encourages new methods in design, construction and materials. They are recognized as containing some of the most stringent provisions in the nation and have become "living documents" which serve as valuable reference for other major building codes throughout the United States.

The EPCOT codes have led to a wide range of imaginative projects and ideas within the Reedy Creek Improvement District. They have permitted such unique construction as a fiberglass castle, an 18-story geosphere attraction building, and windowless assembly buildings containing hundreds of thousands of square feet of public attractions while ensuring a high degree of public safety.

The Department of Building and Safety applies the EPCOT Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas and Electrical Codes and Florida laws relating to accessibility, thermal efficiency and energy conservation. Those codes have enabled construction at the Walt Disney World Resort to implement some of the most unique systems found anywhere.

Isn't that supposed to be his/her parents? Being the father of two, I'm not trying to be flippant. I just don't think that most parents pay enough attention to their kids in such places (they get too much into the vacation mood themselves).

While I can think of a few resorts with fencing around their pools (mainly to keep non-hotel guests out it would appear -- and maybe due to local safety requirements and/or the hotel's effort to reduce liability), most resorts that I've stayed in the Las Vegas, Texas and Hawaii have their multiple pools (which often meander through lush foliage, obstructing the ability to watch kids anyway) unfenced.

Archived