The Fall on BBC

operalover21
This topic is 4033 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Caught the first episode of this last night on the BBC. Wow. It stars Gillian Anderson and former underwear model Jamie Dornan (oh, my). It tells the story of a detective and a serial killer from both their perspectives. I think it's one of the best things I've seen on the BBC in a long time. Really terrific writing, very fine acting. It's a five episode limited series. Not sure if more is planned. And when Dornan strips down to his waist near the end of the first episode ... well .....

Caught the first episode of this last night on the BBC. Wow. It stars Gillian Anderson and former underwear model Jamie Dornan (oh, my). It tells the story of a detective and a serial killer from both their perspectives. I think it's one of the best things I've seen on the BBC in a long time. Really terrific writing, very fine acting. It's a five episode limited series. Not sure if more is planned. And when Dornan strips down to his waist near the end of the first episode ... well .....

Thanks for the heads-up - I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks for the heads-up - I'll have to give this a try.

He actually strips completely and is seen in shadow -- from behind -- exercising. Be still my heart. While that may sound gratuitous it really wasn't and the show has gotten some of the best reviews I've ever seen.

He actually strips completely and is seen in shadow -- from behind -- exercising. Be still my heart. While that may sound gratuitous it really wasn't and the show has gotten some of the best reviews I've ever seen.

Looks like I'll have to wait until it comes to BBCAmerica (assuming it does). :(

From Wikipedia:

Season 2

On May 14th 2013 it was reported that, in addition to being the highest rated drama launch in five years, The Fall was likely to be renewed for a second season of five episodes. Allan Cubitt has been working on the scripts and the lead actors have all signed on to do a second season. Gillian Anderson will be an executive producer for season 2.[16]

International broadcast

BBC America is reportedly considering airing the series in the United States.[17][18] The series will be available on Netflix US shortly after its Irish and UK airings. [19]

From Wikipedia:

Season 2

On May 14th 2013 it was reported that, in addition to being the highest rated drama launch in five years, The Fall was likely to be renewed for a second season of five episodes. Allan Cubitt has been working on the scripts and the lead actors have all signed on to do a second season. Gillian Anderson will be an executive producer for season 2.[16]

International broadcast

BBC America is reportedly considering airing the series in the United States.[17][18] The series will be available on Netflix US shortly after its Irish and UK airings. [19]

I wonder where they got the the "highest rated drama launch in 5 years" information. I read that it had 5 million viewers in overnights (very good) but Call the MidWife got 8 million 2 years ago and Downton had around 7 million. Perhaps they're using a different criteria.

Why? Just download it. It's much easier and you don't have to wait.

I can't watch anything longer than about 10 minutes on a laptop screen.

I see that Netflix will be streaming it beginning May 28. Maybe I'll try it on my internet-ready TV.

I can't watch anything longer than about 10 minutes on a laptop screen.

I see that Netflix will be streaming it beginning May 28. Maybe I'll try it on my internet-ready TV.

Why would you watch it on your laptop? You can put it on a memory stick and plug it into your TV or hook up your computer to a USB port on your TV and watch it that way. This is 2013, dude!!!!!

Why would you watch it on your laptop? You can put it on a memory stick and plug it into your TV or hook up your computer to a USB port on your TV and watch it that way. This is 2013, dude!!!!!

Do people still say 'dude' in 2013? ;)

No real interest in plugging the laptop into the TV (across the room) - I like to be able to use while I'm watching TV. The memory stick is not something I had thought of, tho. But I don't see that it The Fallcan be downloaded.

Do people still say 'dude' in 2013? ;)

No real interest in plugging the laptop into the TV (across the room) - I like to be able to use while I'm watching TV. The memory stick is not something I had thought of, tho. But I don't see that it The Fallcan be downloaded.

Dude was a joke, I get it from my students all the time.

As for downloading, it can be found on any number of torrent sites .... or private filesharing sites .... check out this link ...

http://kat.ph/the-fall-1x01-dark-descent-720p-hdtv-x264-fov-t7412661.html

Archived