Police officer mistaken for a stripper at a bachelorette party

jakobsen
This topic is 7651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Police officer mistaken for stripper at bachelorette party

Bride-to-be arrested

By Associated Press, 6/4/2003

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A police officer dispatched to a bachelorette party because of a noise complaint was mistaken for the entertainment.

Partygoers thought Police Officer Jamie Hope was a stripper, and didn't realize he was legitimate until he drove away with the bride-to-be in handcuffs.

"When he was taking her to his car, everyone thought he was the stripper and everyone said, 'OK, the warning has gone far enough. Are you going to start stripping?"' Police Sgt. Keith Kameg said.

The 30-year-old Hope, a married, six-year veteran of the force, had issued a noise warning, and as part of procedure, also ran a warrants check on the bride-to-be. That's when he found that the 24-year-old woman had an outstanding warrant for a violation of probation involving an open-container citation.

Court records show she had failed to pay $11. Her bond was set at $11, and she was released.

Said Hope: "Her friends, they were saying, 'I'm sure he's joking.' I guess she was waiting for somebody to tell her the joke was over. I don't think it hit home until we were actually in the car."

Archived