Marathon Explosion

Bosguy
This topic is 4071 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After returning from viewing the Boston Marathon outside of the city, I turned on TV and heard that there were 2 major explosions at the finish line. Many injuries and Marathon shut down for runners who had not aready crossed the finish line. WHAT A DISASTER! There were 27,000 runners pus famiy and friends and a sold out Red Sox game nearby. Just unbelievabe. No cause given yet.

Boston Bill

Guest countryboywny

I just heard about it Bill. Been texting my friends in Beantown and all are reporting OK. OMG, this is horrible.

My thoughts and prayers are for all of those who have suffered in this terrorist attack, and for the police, firemen, medics and everyone else who is working valiantly to mitigate the injuries. I hope all our buddies here on the Forum are all ok.

DD

Stunned by this news. It is horrific. My heart goes out to all those that were injured, and I pray for those that lost their life, as well as those that are in the hospital in critical condition. I am confident that as a nation we will bring those involved to justice, whether it was a foriegn or domestic attack.

Very difficult day. I lived for years in Framingham near the start of the marathan, and watched the runners go through the town often. Watching the events today on television was hard, but necessary for me. I'm concerned about the number of people injured, hurt beyond belief.

Now it's 3 dead (one of them was an 8 year-old boy) and at least 140 injured (that number keeps climbing).

I was at work this afternoon/evening, at a nearby college (but luckily not right at the incident site, so we were ok). I'm in rehearsal for a show that runs this weekend - all of us were in the middle of a tech rehearsal as the explosions were happening. I'm glad to report that all of us are fine and that everyone is dealing with the incident as best we can, despite obviously being shaken by the events. School is closed tomorrow, though I assume we will still be rehearsing tomorrow night. Otherwise I'm glad to be home and safe. I don't personally know anyone affected by the bombings today, but my heart goes out to the victims and their families. It's really hard to put feelings into words right now, as I watch some of the TV coverage of the events. Just very sad. Very sad.

I had a younger cousin and his mother there . The mother was running the marathon. I'm not sure if my cousin was running or just supporting her. Thankfully they are both ok. But as horrified as I am by the event in general- it always brings it home to you that much more when there is a personal connection.

Gman

Archived