Speak for yourself, June25

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 4075 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"...what the real article should have been on was how prostitutes look no where as attractive as they do on popular movies."

This comment comes from this this oddly-written story on HuffPo about prostitution and hiring and "the men next door" who may or may not actually be the men next door.

Or something like that. I was confused. I always find that people who write stuff like this have about as much of a clue about prostitution as Garry Marshall, except the output is much less entertaining and doesn't involve sex on pianos.

And apparently they've never been to Rentboy.com.

:confused:

It would appear from this article that the main "surprise" of the study was that richer men are less likely to be arrested or stigmatized:

"Privileged men, such as our wealthier sample of review website clients, are generally not marginalized or threatened due to their sexual behavior. In contrast, customers associated with street prostitution are likely to have fewer financial and social resources and it could be argued that these men are explicitly targeted by law enforcement in marginalized areas or transitional neighborhoods."

Gosh! I'm astounded! An observed difference favoring the rich! Who would have guessed?!

Archived