Montreal Club TABOO - anything new for Spring 2013?

twinkboylover28
This topic is 4066 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Montreal has an awesome street scene. I have more luck picking up skinny, young, white, boyish teenage twinks on Ste. Catherine street (and at Club Unity) than I do at club Taboo. Maybe it's because I'm under 40, or perhaps it's because I dress well and have impeccable hygiene. I'm even considering purchasing a new condo for my "summer home" in Old Montreal.

Detroit to Montreal airfare sucks. It's more than $650 roundtrip (if you fly nonstop), or else it's way over $550.

I was hoping the "management" / owner might have changed hands once again, to bring Taboo back to its glory days of 2005.

Those days are gone and probably never coming back. Once the Canadian Dollar continued its march to parity, a large percentage of USA visitors stopped coming. That along with the doubling of dance prices and airfares sucking , the glory days are over in Montreal

Has anyone read this book: http://books.google.com/books?id=84JnYc1cuQYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=montreal%27s+gay+village+donald+hinrichs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zPVXUd_AH4i_0gGwzoGYAg&ved=0CDwQ6AEwAA

Montreals' Gay Village: the story of a unique urban neighborhood through a sociological lens

or this documentary: http://amoslassen.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/men-for-sale-hustlers-in-montreal

“Men for Sale”–hustlers in Montreal

I've seen "Men for Sale." It was an interesting documentary, but it focused on drug abusing, homeless street hustlers. I found it difficult to reconcile with my actual experiences visiting Montreal and patronizing Campus, Stock and Taboo. Although I've never gone looking for them, I've never really seen this kind of action in Montreal.

Like any large metropolitan area Montreal has it's problem with drug abuse and homelessness but no more so than when I started going there in the late 70's. The village area has it's ups and downs just like other communities and while the Canadian dollar being at par with the U.S. dollar has made it more expensive for Americans in recent years... it's still a much better deal than the outrageous prices at Swinging Richards in Miami/FLL and is close to the same prices as Boardwalk or Johnny's, but from my perspective you get much more (ie: completely nude dancers and a better selection).

Archived