Did you see SUNSHINE BOYS in London?

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4078 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did anyone see THE SUNSHINE BOYS in it's London revival starring Danny DeVito and Richard Griffiths?

Just wondering what you may have thought of it. It is scheduled to move here to Los Angeles intact for a limited run in the fall. I know the play, but am curious how these two disparate actors played off each other.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts if you saw it.

Alas, I never got across the pond for this one but yes, it's in the works to arrive on our shores. No word, yet, on Broadway but it will open the Ahmanson in the fall.

Here's what Ben Brantley of the NY Times had to say about the London production:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/london-theater-journal-sunshine-in-different-sizes/

Enjoy!

ED

• 3 weeks later...
Sad to read that Richard Griffiths passed away. I wonder who will replace him in the Los Angeles run.[/color][/size][/font]

It was badly uneven and DeVito was AWFUL with a capital A. Griffiths was brilliant as always but you could tell he wasn't feeling all that well. Sadly, I doubt it's worth seeing now.

Archived