Miami SoBe vs. Fort Lauderdale

MikeCruiseNYC
This topic is 4116 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The two are close enough together such that you can easily service both, so long as you rent a car. (You do drive, yes?) Lauderdale works much better for me. When I go down, I do advertise in Miami as well, but clarify that it takes at least a two hour booking to justify the half-hour drive. Any of the "resorts" (think low rent motels, but fun!) along A1A and Sunrise (Elysium, Worthington, Alcazar) are hooker friendly and conducive. All of these are clothing optional with very friendly staffs. :p

Hit me up if you have any more questions. I used to go down a lot and found the trips incredibly fun and profitable, and I've met some wonderful clients down there. Have a great trip!

Kevin Slater

That may work in SoBe, but I doubt it's a great idea in Lauderdale. It's a pretty spread out city, and especially if you stay at one of those resorts I mentioned, you'd need a car to get to the clubs and just about any restaurant, and outcalls. But car rentals down there aren't expensive if you book in advance over the internet. A taxi to and from the airport would be nearly as much, if I recall correctly. And having a car lets you work both Miami and Lauderdale, which I don't think can be done otherwise.

Good luck with what ever you chose; it should be a great time to be down there.

Kevin Slater

Thank you! I want to avoid renting a car. Maybe staying at a central resort in FTL where clients can get to me for an incall is my ideal. Seems like if i was in a hotel in SoBe there would be lots of clients in surrounding hotels too?

If you don't want to do the car thing then South Beach is where you'd want to be. And clients won't just be in hotels but in the little condos toward the middle of the beach which is convenient by cab or you may even feel like just walking (South Beach cab drivers run up my blood pressure) There's some gay resorts in Ft Lauderdale, I actually met someone last time that gave me a card to the place, forgot what it is. You can be kind of convenient there. But the issue is they aren't by the beach. Whereas in South Beach you have gay beach/neighborhood/clients/hotel all in one place. Wilton Manors is a hike from the shore and not a very crowded one at that.

I can't really speak on the difference between the markets. Personally for me (and this is just me talking) I don't do either one unless me and a client are flying in like on my last visit. No way in hell would I go for a working vacation again... But, when I lived there, Miami was always better for business. It used to be alot easier back then though. Gay.com was all I needed at the time LOL.

I would also suggest Miami Downtown as being somewhat convenient...I met more clients in that area. Lots to do during the day, but stay along the Bay as at night it can get a little seedy. But they've cleaned it up so much it's actually pretty fun on weekends. Remember you can kind of run an advantage by not staying where everyone else is staying. Miami is not JUST South Beach. When I lived there, most of my clients (and boyfriends LOL) came from the mainland areas in the city. Specifically the areas of South Miami. There's a sizable wealthy and gay population around Coral Gables and Kendall as well. Not as walker friendly as South Beach, but you can get around easily still.

Hey all,

Thanks so much for the good info. I think imma forgo on FTL for this trip. I don't like to drive so much (that's one reason I settled in NYC :-) ) so I'm going to stick to lovely, walkable SoBe. One of the things that attracted me to Pineapple Point resort in FTL was that they provide free bicycles to their guests to get around town on. I could still change my mind, depending on how many clients and from where start calling... and pay for the odd taxi for an outcall. Will still wangle that parking pass, though. ;-)

Archived