Read my Lips....

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4135 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No More Bullying!

This one hurts a lot because I lived in that area for a while. This one hurts a lot because at several point in my life that could have been me. This one hurts a lot because I've lost several people who I could not get to fast enough.

As I've said before: "We" are the internet; and "We" no longer tolerate bullying in the Message Center. If you can't take this censorship, this limitation of your freedom of speech, you can go fuck yourself... Somewhere else. We can't expect the world to stop bullying the LGBTQ community, if we can't stop doing it to ourselves.

By Victoria Edwards, The Oregonian

[imgalign=left]
[/imgalign]
"Friends are mystified about why Jadin Bell, a popular student at La Grande High School who was openly gay, would have tried to kill himself. But he had complained of bullying."

The 15-year-old La Grande boy who hanged himself two weeks ago after complaining of bullying died early Sunday afternoon at Doernbecher Children's Hospital.

Jadin Bell was taken to the Portland hospital Jan. 19 after he hanged himself on a play structure at Central Elementary School in La Grande. His family made the difficult decision more than a week ago to take him off life support after tests showed no brain activity.

Bud Hill, a close family friend, told The Oregonian earlier this week that Bell, who is openly gay, had complained of being bullied a week before that and had talked to a counselor at La Grande High School, where he is a sophomore.

Now let me grieve in peace for the butterfly that died before he had a chance to fly.

I wish schools would implement human growth and sexuality, not just human growth and development. If we're going to have gay marriage, it's time to start incorporating the acceptance and normality of it early on rather than just making it a choice for once you get out of high school. I have witnessed people agree that it's harder to be gay in grade school than it'll EVER be once you're 18+. You can't just quit or move to a new city. You're trapped in that same vicious bullshit everyday from August to May.

Once a kid gets out of grade-school, he can fuck around with straight guy's heads whereas in school he'd be bullied and rumored on if someone even so much as even suspected anything. He might find out the the 'straight guy' actually received oral from a dude at some point, or he might find it amusing talking about gay sex with a straight guy (in a facetious manner in a safe environment of course). Or on a less raunchy scale, meet someone who knows and accepts it. But high school maggots, all they think about is that a gay man is going to want to get in their pants. I know gun control is a big debate nowadays, but articles like this make you have a little understanding for a rampage.

Archived