East Coast to warmth - but where?

Dave
This topic is 4186 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

hello men,

I have a client who would like to go to a warm climate, towards the end of march. he’s thinking four days, including travel. there’s a few things we are looking for - I’m wondering if anyone can help out with suggestions?

• travel time about 3-4 hours
  • private room in an accommodation, where we can have our own pool or jacuzzi outside, and be naked
  • this outdoor space would need to be truly walled off, or truly not visible for others to see

plusses, but not obligatory:

• lgbt friendly
  • within walking distance to restaurants (I’m the worst cook ever, and he - well, he’s going to be on vacation!)

anything that’s “crazy” expensive is probably not an option. for example, I’ve heard that st barts could fit the bill, except the bill there gets to be astronomical - haha.

thanks in advance for any insight.

Key West, Miami area? Just got back from Fort Lauderdale. It was 75 degrees at 10 O'clock at night

thanks, Bigvalboy! gee, its been a while since we've talked... I guess it was at the palm springs shindig last march!

key west and miami are great suggestions. but I'm not just looking for a destination, I'm hoping to get some more specific recommendations - for an accommodation that has privacy, our own pool or jacuzzi outside, and where the outdoor space is truly walled off, or really not visible for others to see.

thanks, Bigvalboy! gee, its been a while since we've talked... I guess it was at the palm springs shindig last march!

key west and miami are great suggestions. but I'm not just looking for a destination, I'm hoping to get some more specific recommendations - for an accommodation that has privacy, our own pool or jacuzzi outside, and where the outdoor space is truly walled off, or really not visible for others to see.

You can probably find what you're looking for on http://www.flipkey.com/

Some property ads will indicate if they cater to gay clientele. Those located in Key West, South Beach or Wilton Manors probably do whether or not it's stated in the ad.

Dear Dave,

Since I have posted recently about Puerto Rico, I thought that Rincon (surfing capital of PR) might be right for you to find something.

1. I know the Horned Dorset quite well, but they ARE expensive. Great food and world class accommodations. http://www.horneddorset.com/home.html and pretty gay-friendly, including some of the staff (very gay friendly).

2. I do not know the Villa Lomas, but it looks like a place I might try myself next trip or two. I would pick up the phone and see if it meets your needs. You have set quite a few criteria (including reasonable price). You can get good food in Rincon and high end at the Horned Dorset.

For $125 PER NIGHT YOUR OWN VILLA IN RINCON

http://www.villalomas.com/

http://www.purpleroofs.com/villa-lomas-rincon.html

From Tripadvisor:

1. Re: Villa Lomas

Mar 30, 2008, 9:52 PM

Villa Lomas is up on a hill, surrounded by an elegant tropical jungle. It is a few paces away from a nice breakfast restaurant, The English Rose. The walk to Step's Beach is a little farther, but it's out in the country. There's no side walk, but tropical country side.

Bring your snorkel gear, the waters at Step's Beach should be lovely in May.

You'll be coming in during a good time, as the winter crowds have left. You won't have to wait for tables.

Within a 10 minute drive you can visit Calypso Cafe (great for sunset happy hours), Smilin' Joe's Restaurant, Banana Dang's Coffee Shop (they've got computers to check your emails). There are two other great restaurants, The Spot (another great happy hour view, they're on the beach) and ShipWrecks.

Also, if you really are considering Rincon look into Jet Blue has a direct flight from JFK and Orlando to the Aguadilla airport which is only minutes from Rincon Spirit and United also serve the airport. The Mayaguez airport is also close by, but has fewer flights to the US. The main San Juan airport is about a 2 hour drive. In late March it should be 82-84 degrees every day.

Guest MajorTomp

OK, this is totally off the wall and completely different than you have in mind, but it appears that the "private" hot tub or pool are the key factors here! Sounds like somebody wants some "hot tub" sex!

The North Georgia mountains are full of cabins you can rent and most of the rental cabins have a hot tub on the deck and are set in the woods with pretty good privacy. Late March should be beautiful there with the Dogwoods in bloom and the green starting to emerge on the trees. It's not a lay on the beach kind of place, but if you want some privacy, gorgeous views and lots of activities - it might be an option. Easy flight to Atlanta, cheap rental car and 90 minutes later you are there!

The North Georgia mountains are full of cabins you can rent and most of the rental cabins have a hot tub on the deck and are set in the woods with pretty good privacy. Late March should be beautiful there with the Dogwoods in bloom and the green starting to emerge on the trees. It's not a lay on the beach kind of place, but if you want some privacy, gorgeous views and lots of activities - it might be an option. Easy flight to Atlanta, cheap rental car and 90 minutes later you are there!

I agree with your assessment of North GA, and appreciate the shout-out on behalf of my beloved Jawja. I am a long-time hiker and lover of many of its trails, but "warm" is not guaranteed in north GA in late March. If the client is looking for a sure thing with regard to climate conditions, he will need to consider other options. If they are willing to pack a jacket and/or sweater, then by all means, you are onto something. :)

OK, this is totally off the wall and completely different than you have in mind, but it appears that the "private" hot tub or pool are the key factors here! Sounds like somebody wants some "hot tub" sex!

sounds great but yeah, we need warmth... jawjateck is right.

and yep, the private hot tub or pool is a key factor here. we need some space to be lounging around naked and getting wet, and he is somewhat shy, really doesnt want anyone else seeing him.

I know about flipkey - thanks for the tip, guys - however, I was hoping to not have to begin the search from scratch. in other words, I had wondered if anyone else reading the forum had sought or experienced something similar to what we're looking for. I always seriously consider strong recommendations (restaurants, locales, films, etc).

yeah, ragazzolupo, the Horned Dorset is out of budget. the other place looks nice but I'm unclear if the pool is really private, guess we should follow up with the owners. thanks for that tip.

any other suggestions, please feel free to share, gentlemen - thanks!

Archived