Breaking Abbey: Downton goes Bad.

RockHard
This topic is 4146 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Really like the show. Sorry someone wanted to ruin it for those of us who are watching it now. The show "Secrets of Highclere Castle" was very interesting.

The entire 3rd season and the Christmas special has already aired throughout most of the world and is already available on DVD. If one doesn't want to know what happened your only choice is to not read ANYTHING about Downtown or any entertainment news or turn on the radio or TV. This is 2013, c'mon.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The entire 3rd season and the Christmas special has already aired throughout most of the world and is already available on DVD. If one doesn't want to know what happened your only choice is to not read ANYTHING about Downtown or any entertainment news or turn on the radio or TV. This is 2013, c'mon.

Have seen and heard alot about the new season. None of the TV, radio or print articles I saw gave away anything. You reserved that for your pleasure. c'mon. Common courtesy. By the way, it is Downton not Downtown.

Like others, I'd have welcomed a ***Spoiler Alert*** in the post above, but I plan to continue watching. Missed Season One, watched most of Season Two in the past couple weeks, and am looking forward to Season Three.

The only slight disappointment for me so far was Martha Levinson. I'd have to watch again to see if it was a problem with the writing or with Shirley MacLaine's delivery. Or very possibly with my own meager abilities to know a good performance when I see one. But she just didn't seem to have the same wattage as those around her.

http://www.torontosurplus.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/i/m/image_852.jpg

The entire 3rd season and the Christmas special has already aired throughout most of the world and is already available on DVD.

You're wrong, and you're full of shit. Good luck to any U.S. purchaser who tries to purchase the British DVD (officially available Jan 29) and play it on their non-Brit DVD player.

If one doesn't want to know what happened your only choice is to not read ANYTHING about Downtown or any entertainment news or turn on the radio or TV. This is 2013, c'mon.

Oh c'mon, with your self-serving bullshit. You're nothing more than a self-absorbed, self-centered, hog. You enjoy being a spoiler, and you'll obviously say anything to justify your asshole behavior. You have clearly proven you are one UGLY, unhappy man.

You should consider changing your username. Your current one is a disgrace. But I'm sure you're too proud of your ugly self to make any favorable changes.

Have seen and heard alot about the new season. None of the TV, radio or print articles I saw gave away anything. You reserved that for your pleasure. c'mon. Common courtesy. By the way, it is Downton not Downtown.

Same experience here.

It does seem much like Upstairs Downstairs but after watching the last 2 episodes of Season 2, I think I'm hooked. I've recorded the first episode of season 3 but haven't watched it yet.

Like others' date=' I'd have welcomed a ***Spoiler Alert*** in the post above, but I plan to continue watching. Missed Season One, watched most of Season Two in the past couple weeks, and am looking forward to Season Three.

I agree.

There should have been a spoiler alert. But it's hardly the first time on the Internet that someone has posted vital information before a show has actually been seen on U.S. television. I wish it had not been posted. But I'm not surprised given how many people in this thread have watched Season Three.

There were literally dozens of stories last week in the media last week about Dan Stevens' exit from the show and the death of his character, Matthew Crawley. None said "spoiler alert" because that's so 20th century. People have to learn that with people's ability to download and watch programs from all over the world at any given time that you have to avoid any discussion of those programs in the media -- or anywhere else -- if you want to avoid knowing in advance what happened. And to expect people not to discuss what has occurred is completely unrealistic and ridiculous.

If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read about the show. Or get with the rest of the world and watch it when it first airs, not months later.

There's definitely those who do "Get Off" on spoiling things for others! I'm sure it can be traced back to their Childhood! They are also the type who like to tell everyone how deep their pockets are when it comes to Working Guys!

I did enjoy immensely Season 3 Part 1! I for one now will AVOID if possible any Thread that hints of Downton!

RHOB Spoilers are a different matter!

Watched the premiere on Sunday evening - what great fun.

To those of you who churlishly say that it is the same experience as Upstairs, Downstairs, I say bosh. It is a completely different show (better produced, actually) and even so - having watched Upstairs, Downstairs years ago, I don't mind seeing something that reminds me of that show. Similarities, yes, but enough differences to allow it to stand on it's own without comparison.

I too would have appreciated a spoiler alert indicator, but for me a show such as Downton is really about the journey and the stylistic execution of the plot. It's less about the actual goings on and more about stepping into a world of make believe that I for one find totally engrossing and enjoyable. Can't wait to see the next episode!

Archived