confirming Orbitz?

CT Dick
This topic is 7757 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just booked a London hotel room on Orbitz (Sorry, Hoo, I tried your link but it didn't match the price it listed.).

I have an email confirming the reservation but it is from Orbitz. How do I know that the hotel is holding a room for me?

Dick

If this is the first time you've booked a hotel thru Orbitz, don't worry about it. I use them all the time and have never had a problem. By giving them your credit card info, you have already paid for the first night and the hotel will hold your room, and make sure you check the cancellation info as most have a fee based on number of hours notice. If you don't show up at all, the hotel will bill your card for the whole amount of the first night since you've already paid in advance.

[font color = "green"

] I've been using Orbitz for years and think they are the best. Unlike Expedia and some of the others, Orbitz mostly uses "reservations only" and as long as you cancell with their stated cancellation policy, a full refund is easy. Expedial and some others your cc is charged at the time you reserve and NO refund :(

HOWEVER--as to the question here, while the room is reserved, YOUR name usually isn't given to the hotel until 24-48 before your scheduled arrival, so you might have a hard time getting the actual confirmation frm the hotel timely.

I've NEVER had a problem though, and if I did, I suspect that they are big enough and have enough rooms on hold in most places that they'd get you fixed up ASAP. I have there 800 on my cell phone just in case and keep the reservation confirmation print out from my computer which they send immediately with me. They offices and phone numbers for overseas also.

I booked a London hotel through Orbitz a couple of months ago and wondered about the same thing. Just to make sure, I emailed the hotel in question about the reservation and they confirmed dates and rate.

I've used Orbitz many times, and have never had any problems, but since this was the first time for an overseas hotel, I just wanted to make sure I didn't arrive in London with no hotel room. :D

Archived