Jay-Z & Pearl Jam Outdoor Concerts in Philadelphia Labor Day Weekend

WilliamM
This topic is 4307 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I live three blocks from the site of the Jay-Z, Pearl Jam et. al Philadelphia concerts this weekend. I believe it's the first time admission is being charged for the 50,000 people who are expected to flood the Benjamin Franklin Parkway each night. The Parkway has been the site of may concerts with larger attendance, including the Live 8 anniversary concert in 2005 (twenty years [1985] after the historic Live Aid concert at another location in Philly). But, I do not remember high admission charged for a concert on the Benj. Franklin Parkway. Mitt Romney would like it, but what about Ben Franklin?

Jay Z-knows what he is doing, so it should work well. But otherwise this has all the makings of Woodstock 2.0

because the Benj Franklin Parkway is a huge area, with no natural boundaries.

There are two extremely impressive large stages under construction right now, and security people everywhere. This afternoon you can walk around the Parkway pretty much everywhere. That will change on Saturday. So if tickets are still available, it may be worth a visit (if you live anywhere near Philadelphia). Warning: Park far away & take public transportation to 22nd and Market Streets.

Archived