OperaShare Problems... Yahoo Group Expels Members

whipped guy
This topic is 4355 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is anyone here a member of the Yahoo Group OperaShare? It appears that over 90 percent of the members were literally dismissed from the group without any prior notice. This is from information that I have gleaned from the internet over the past few days. Indeed after years of being a member I have been banned as well. Members were expelled in accordance with the following “decree” as posted on-line by another “former” member:

Just received this info. Seems rather rude not to notify members before being deleted!!

"Recent developments impacting the security and even survival of

OperaShare have forced the owners to take steps to protect the group.

Among these actions is a reduction in membership, removing individuals

who have not fulfilled their responsibility to share. The expectation

that all members will contribute is made clear when people are

admitted, but only 4% honor that commitment. In order to better manage

and protect the group, inactive participants have been separated."

Well this “separated” former member may have to go into therapy regarding this… Indeed, if given advance notice I would have certainly made more of an effort to share.

For those not familiar with the group, operatic and classical performances broadcast on-line, satellite, and via traditional radio broadcast were posted on-line so as to be shared among the members. There were restrictions baring recent in-house recordings and certain Metropolitan Opera broadcasts such as those emanating from Serius Radio or the Met’s own website.

In any event, if there are any members who post here as well perhaps you might have more information than I have been able to obtain… Thanks!

Archived