Aids/LifeCycle - There's A Minimum To Ride...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4369 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

[imgalign=right]http://www.daddysreviews.com/ads/psa/lifecycle/AidsLifecycle.jpg[/imgalign]

Two of our kids need our help to ride in AIDS/Lifecycle 11. Lance needs $375 and AndrewD needs $88. They are so close, can you help them out today? The ride starts on Sunday!

As of Wednesday Noon in the Big Apple

[imgalign=right]http://www.daddysreviews.com/ads/psa/lifecycle/AidsLifecycle.jpg[/imgalign]

We're getting closer! Can you help today? We only have a few days left.

Lance needs $375 $175 and AndrewD needs $88 $38.

I applaud and support all five of these guys! Fortunately for me on their way to Los Angeles, all of the riders will be passing by my townhouse

on Day 2 prior to their going to a rest stop then onward to Salinas, CA for rest before taking off south. I will be on the look out for the five guys/

riders who will be amongst the throng of some 2000+ riders.

My good friend Barr will not be a roadie this year; he's currently in Rio de janeiro. I had wanted to be a roadie along with him last year but could

not get affirmed to work with his crew; I chose NOT to participate. But, I did donate to two riders last year and one of the five this year!

I wish them all well in this very special and highly significant endeavor and extend a thunderous applause to DavidSF on the amount of money he

raised this year. -:) -:) -:)

I traveled over 5500 miles and finally made it to San Francisco with my bike :) and I'm getting ready for Orientation Day and the Ride out on Sunday morning. I'd like to thank all who contributed for this worthwhile cause as well the other four cyclists.

You can give yourself, guys, a big round of applause since 100% of the funds I raised come from contributors/participants/readers of this very Message Board.

Thank you!

6/3/12 I spent the overnight in San Francisco but did not have a keen desire to spend the day [sunday in "The City"], so upon my return to the Monterey Peninsula some 120 miles south, I decided to use

Coast Highway 1. Well, lo and behold, I encountered many of the riders who were pedaling on this very special ride. I drove past them being quite careful and thinking proudly of them. Tomorrow all

2000+ will pass my townhouse complex on their way to a rest stop which is around the corner and then on to lunch in Salinas, CA, which is about sixteen miles away.

Hats off to the men whom I know from this website and who appear in the initial thread, and applause and accolades to the other thousands of riders and roadies and other assistants!!!!

Day 2 (Monday) The "moist mist" turned into chilly rain and for the safety of the Ride (following 5 accidents) the Command Center decided to cancel the Ride at lunch break. Riders were transferred by buses to the next camp in King City.

Day 3: QUAD BUSTER! Great Ride today and finally the sun is back. Do my gluteus look really that big in that bike spandex? :confused: :)

I wanted to update you all that we have crossed the finish line in VA Center in Los Angeles and we had a wonderful Ride this year raising over $ 12,6 million.

Thank you all who contributed for this cause and made this all happen.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sxP-0L-4Rrg/TvZaSYpqJnI/AAAAAAAAlVU/hhMuNJV64sI/s800/AIDS%2BlifeCycle%2Bbillboard.jpg

David asked me to post this pic of his "Red Dress Day" outfit from the ride.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5gwwbbitL1r2sbmqo1_500.png

He told me the reason behind the outfit:

"My grandmother is half cherokee. I wore this War Bonnet and deerskins on the most visible days of the ride to bring awareness to the native American Indians that are sometimes forgotten. They are the 3rd hardest hit population affected by HIV and often cannot access quality HIV care in rural areas."

Very proud of David, and all our riders, for what they did in this year's ride.

"If you were with us last week, I invite you to relive all the incredible memories captured in this short video and share it with your family and friends. If it’s been a while since you’ve ridden, take a look at the amazing moments from this year’s ride to see what you missed. And then do something bold—register to join us next year."

Enjoy the video from AIDS/LifeCycle 11 (juin 2012)

"Last week, close to 3,000 cyclists and roadies from nearly every state and 16 countries came together for AIDS/LifeCycle 11. We raised $12.6 million dollars to support our efforts to stop HIV/AIDS and ensure everyone living with the disease has access to proper care. See more videos, photos, and stories from the event on our special website: experience.aidslifecycle.org"

Archived