Anderson Cooper and The Trevor Project

beethoven
This topic is 4538 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On "Jeopardy" last Friday, Anderson Cooper raised $50,000 for The Trevor Project, the charity that he decided to give his winnings to. I hadn't known about The Trevor Project, which is dedicated to preventing suicide among GLBT teen-agers. Now that I do, I include this worthy charity in my annual giving.

I'm sure many members of this chat room are aware of The Trevor Project, but if not, I urge you to learn about it!

Guest Wetnwildbear

Ellen DeGenerous Loved it - You Will Too - TREVOR

On "Jeopardy" last Friday, Anderson Cooper raised $50,000 for The Trevor Project, the charity that he decided to give his winnings to. I hadn't known about The Trevor Project, which is dedicated to preventing suicide among GLBT teen-agers. Now that I do, I include this worthy charity in my annual giving.

I'm sure many members of this chat room are aware of The Trevor Project, but if not, I urge you to learn about it!

If you are not familiar check out the web Site - http://www.thetrevorproject.org/

Also check out the Short Film - "Trevor" - which served as the inspiration and cornerstone of the projects' early days.

The film is complete with intro by Ellen DeGenerous. The Film runs about 20 minutes and is well worth watching and owning.

About TREVOR

"Set in 1981, TREVOR is a timeless coming-of-age story about love, loss, and Diana Ross.

Trevor is an exuberant, happy 13-year old who has a crush on the most popular boy in school, Pinky Faraday. When Trevor's classmates discover his true feelings for Pinky, they tease and mock him mercilessly. Sad and friendless, Trevor decides the world would be better off without him and tries take his own life. But Trevor is no victim. By the end of the film, it's clear his developing sense of self and undeniable enthusiasm for life will always see him through.

Winner of the 1994 Academy Award® for Best Live Action Short, TREVOR inspired its creators to establish The Trevor Project, the nation’s leading suicide prevention organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning young people.

See Trevor at:

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/10/watch_the_short_film_trevor_1008.php

Archived