Been waiting a couple of weeks to post~~

Samai139
This topic is 4384 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I noticed that my next post would be my 1000th, so I resisted the temptation to post just another comment in the Gallery and wait for a better opportunity to post.

Mother's Day seems to be an opportune time to ask Members to pay tribute to their mothers and remind themselves of how much they owe them.

My mother has been gone for ten years and it would take a very long post to list all the things she did for me during a life time of caring. I'll share just one. To make it simple, she taught me how to die with grace, dignity and solemnity. Mother's Day may seem an odd time to say that, but it is what I am thinking about this morning.

Thank you Mother for giving me life and for preparing me to leave it.

Great post and loving tribute! Like you, I lost my mother many years ago. I was still in my 20s, not long out of college. I wrestled with the sadness of "why her? why so young?" But she was ever full of grace, and never had the attitude "why me?" but rather "why not me?". Even though I can't enjoy her physical presence today, she is more alive than ever, through the life lessons she taught my sister, my brother, and me.

I'm sure many of our fellow Hoovillains are in the same situation as we, whose moms have left this world, but to those who still have a mom here to treasure, I hope you are able to love her and let her know her value and worth in your life. Even though I am thankful to my mom, for her innumerable sacrifices for her family, and grateful for her life well-lived, this day always stings just a bit because I can't tell her in person how much I appreciate her.

Samai139 and jawjateck, very nice tributes.

I am probably like another group here, with my mother still alive but only a shadow of herself now, cared for in a very good nursing home, but with me feeling a bit sad that she is unable to be cared fo in a bed in my own home or the home of one of my other brothers or sisters. She has become so disabled with her various llnesses, the best quality of life we could give her is some form of round-the-clock nursing care with therapists, nurses, aides, but also sadly being relegated to a community of seniors (a community she never felt at ease with, despite her own age).

She sacrificed so much for us and dedicated her life to raising very strong individuals with many positive qualities (Ok and a few negatives ones). Her greatest achievement (and there were many) was her ability to let us "fly from the nest" when each of us turned 18, prepared for whatever lay ahead. She would be there for us all throughout our lives, but always respecting our choices (OK, she never really enjoyed the mates many chose as spouses, but even kept that quiet). She was always the life of the party, and a sort of "Auntie Mame" character all rolled into one, making my childhood very memorable.

If she had not been so in love with my Dad, I would not be here now, and so for that gift of life, and the unconditional nurturing that came with it, Happy Mother's Day!

Beautiful and loving tributes by Samai139, jawjateck and adriano46. I couldn't say it any better and share many of your experiences and all your sentiments . My mom is 89 years old and in early stages of dimentia but she is still very much herself most of the time; very happy and full of love for others. The best thing I can say about my mom is that I admire and respect her immensely for what she has done throughout her 89 years. As long as is possible, I will take care of her now and do my best to honor her as she deserves. I try to make every day Mother's Day for her but today is extra special. I've learned to say "I Love You" each day and to try to make sure nothing is left unsaid for how much she means to me. So to everyone, our mothers are always with us, even if not physically any longer, so take some time today to say an appropriate thank you and I Love You to your mom.

PS...Congrats to Samai137 for reaching the 1000 post milestone.

A wonderful and touching tribute, on this special day. It is 6 am here in LA and I just woke up and said, "I think I should start a thread in tribute to Mothers Day....I am so glad I was not the only one who thought about this. I lost my beautiful Mother several years ago. It was the single greatest loss of my life. Throughout her whole life, she encouraged me, nourished my dreams, loved me unconditionally, was always in my corner through the good times and bad, and always provided a safe and loving home for this weary traveler to come home to. She and my father were inseparable for more than 60 years. It was a love that was made in Heaven. She will live in my heart forever...

Thank you Samai139 for the opportunity to post on this. It was a kind and generous idea to share this with the board. And now with my apology to AZDR... I return to my self imposed ban...God Speed.

As BVB stated, this is a very SPECIAL DAY. A day to enjoy the memories of a very special person in our lives--our MOM.

To each and every person reading this, do something special today to honor your MOM!!

Boston Bill

I noticed that my next post would be my 1000th, so I resisted the temptation to post just another comment in the Gallery and wait for a better opportunity to post.

Mother's Day seems to be an opportune time to ask Members to pay tribute to their mothers and remind themselves of how much they owe them.

My mother has been gone for ten years and it would take a very long post to list all the things she did for me during a life time of caring. I'll share just one. To make it simple, she taught me how to die with grace, dignity and solemnity. Mother's Day may seem an odd time to say that, but it is what I am thinking about this morning.

Very Well said Samai..My MOM also Passed 10 Years ago..There's not a day "especially this day" that I donot miss her and all she taught me about Life!

Samai..very well said! My Mom Passed 10 Year's ago also and there's not one day and especially this day that I donot think of her and all she taught me about living the best and kindest Life towards others possible.

Archived