Opera at Theatre des Champs Elysees

body2body
This topic is 4401 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I will be in Paris in late May and I have already booked a seat for "The Barber of Seville" at the Bastille Opera. I noticed there was a production of "Cosi Fan Tutti" at the Theatre des Champs Elysees. I've seen really good Opera productions at the Chatelet but never at the Theatre des Champs Elysees. Has anyone had any experience with Opera there? Is it worth seeing a production there? Reports on any of your experiences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Opera guru Fred Plotkin is leading a tour of Paris that includes a number of concerts and operatic performances this month… and he includes Barbiere and Così in his itinerary… and he specifically mentions the “elegant” Theatre des Camps Elysee.

I have never been to the opera in Paris… but if I were in Paris in springtime and if Così were a favorite of mine… I might just spring for it just to be able to experience a different and "elegant" theater.

The Barbiere cast looks interesting by the way.

Archived