Sperm Banks

Karl-G
This topic is 4579 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Interesting article in TIME this week about sperm banks and donors. I wonder how many donors are gay. I know of a couple of women who have purchased and been very happy with the results. Anyone here donated or earned their way through college via donations?

It's kind of interesting to read their catalogs on-line. Some require essays from donors about "why I want to be a donor." All list diseases and family histories. As one writer said, she learned more about a man from reading the catalog than she knew about her husband and his family after years of marriage.

I had not read a sperm bank catalog in a long time, so I went back to check. Fascinating.

For example, a Scotch/French fireman with a Master's degree and a grandfather who was a lawyer. Wavy hair and blue eyes. Enjoys soccer and tennis. Who could resist? The bank is currently "out of inventory" but hoping for more "units" soon.

Many of my fellow fraternity brothers and I did this in college, and received $50 a "pop" so to speak. They didn't advertise much, but you got paid more for the quality and detail of info you could provide, although I don't remember how that was measured. It was far less creepy than I expected honestly. Over 20 years later, I have often wondered how many part of little me's are in the world. Maybe none. Will say that for young college kid, it was an easy way to earn some cash, which was all to quickly spent on booze.

Archived