Visiting Cancun

rocky
This topic is 7818 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello all. I was hoping that members might be able to

provide some assistance on what to do while in Cancun.

Specifically the gay scene,where to go, any good cruising

areas, safety, etc. Thanks so much. Happy New Year to all,

Rocky

I was in Cancun two months ago. I'm sorry to say that the gay scene is even less exciting than when I was last there about 7 years prior. The bars are far from the hotels/beach, and attract mostly locals at a very late hour. The Picante bar is listed by the 2002 Damron guide as having hustlers, but I didn't find any. I didn't find anyone worthwhile at all. There was a gay bar in the hotel/tourist zone recently, but when I asked about it, I heard it went out of business.

Having gone to Puerto Vallarta for four years, I can tell you things are completely different there. There's a busy scene all afternoon, evening, and night (not just late at night). It took me a couple of years to find it, but I highly recommend the Hotel Torre de Oro in PV. It's near all of the action, and one of the few that will let you bring guests to your room which isn't a gay hotel. Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor, as the views are great from there.

But I'm digressing a little here. Cancun has wonderful beaches and lots of wonderful sights. This time I caught Xcaret, which I missed the first time I came. I had one of the best times of my life in Xcaret, and their evening show is absolutely incredible. It's also full of hunky, scantily-clad actors/performers roaming around (and yes, you can have your picture taken with them). Nevertheless, I don't recommend Cancun for a gay vacation. If you want a swinging gay time, you're really going to have to go to PV (and I promise you won't be disappointed).

Archived