Montreal strip clubs: current JP's schedule; Taboo

newatthis
This topic is 4598 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Could one of our Montreal posters help me out with the current (October) schedule for JP's? Which days is it open? What hours on those days? And which, if any, of those times are men-only?

I assume that the absence of postings means Taboo has not (yet?) re-opened. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Could one of our Montreal posters help me out with the current (October) schedule for JP's? Which days is it open? What hours on those days? And which, if any, of those times are men-only?

I assume that the absence of postings means Taboo has not (yet?) re-opened. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

I'll do a full review when I get home. At the airport waiting for my connecting.

Taboo isn't open yet. A dancer I talked to was offered a job. He turned it down. He said they basically plan to just unlock the door and not make big changed that are needed.

Campus was a bit of a letdown this trip. One really cute guy. Blond hair college type toned. Stock was dead but we went early. JP was undoubtedly th best again this trip. And I'll tell ya when Adonis went away I hated JP with a passion. I wanted it to fail miserably. And it sort of did until they re-assessed their gameplan. Women were there by werent too annoying. Lots of hot college aged guys if that's your flavor. It's almost like Adonis again but not as flamy.

Sorry for all the typos... was on my iPhone when I typed that yesterday.

My bud and I were up in Montreal for the weeekend. It was clearly the beginning of the off season but we hadn't been up in about a year, so we were due.

The breakdown from best to worst...

#1: JP

Again, I wanted to see JP fail miserably when it opened. I loved Adonis. Sure the guys were queeny, but I loved the club's layout and the fun vibe... and the privacy in the back! When JP initially opened with the cater-to-chicks business model, I was glad to see Taboo pick up the slack. But as time went on Taboo made its mistakes and JP saw theirs. Clearly capitalism is alive and well in the MTL strip scene... JP is now almost evolved into what Adonis was. It's fun. Good vibe in the club... never too far from the stage. When it's not that busy, it doesn't seem dead... as opposed to when Campus or Stock are quiet it feels like a ghost town. The dancers were all decent... no duds. Hotness factor, 1 to 10 - there were a lot of 7's with a few 5s and 9s. Mostly toned 20 somethings... a few body builders. Girls were always present, but only once were they obnoxiously annoying. Only suggestion would be for the dancers to change up their music - we were there 3 days and every day it was the same song for each dancer. Can't imagine how repetitive it must be for the regulars.

#2: Campus

Wow, two trips in a row Campus has been my #2. It was always the default #1. It's the "legend." But now it's just a lot of "kinda hot" types... with only 1 or 2 real standouts. Fewer dancers, only one particularly hot guy - a hot toned blond guy whose name I don't recall. He just stood around waiting to be approached - I like to see initiative so I didn't give him business. Drinks were weak. Only positive thing I can say is the Halloween decor was well done. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's probably not a big plus. :)

#3: Stock

Granted my tastes are for the 18-25 dancers... so if you go for the gym rats, keep in mind our difference in taste. Only ended up going in once... it was around 9:30 on Friday night and it was dead. Handful of customers... scarce dancers. We only stayed for a drink.

Taboo looks like it could open at any minute. They're probably just waiting for the pieces to the puzzle to fall into place. A dancer I talked to said the building owner tried to lure him away, but declined. He says they aren't doing anything to fix the problems that made them go bankrupt in the first place. They're just going to unlock the doors and see what happens. Given the lack of talent in the city at the clubs this weekend, I can't imagine Taboo will stand much of a chance unless they import dancers from somewhere.

And the answer is ...

Thanks!

OK, I'll answer my own question. JP's is open 7 days a week from 6 pm to 3 am. They claim to be men-only on Wednesday nights, but that rule seems to be honored in the breech.

As for Taboo, see my other posting.

Taboo re-opening

...Taboo ... A dancer I talked to said...they aren't doing anything to fix the problems that made them go bankrupt in the first place. They're just going to unlock the doors and see what happens...
There were lots of things that killed Taboo, not just the state of the room. The (then) new owner fired many of the dancers who gave Taboo its unique quality. He treated the waiters, barmen, and dancers like shit, and he raised the prices of dances and drinks.

Their ad in the November Fugues make the re-opening look a little more promising, at least with respect to drink and dance prices. When Taboo fluourished, it had mostly to do with the unique type of dancer it attracted -- not just their looks, but their enthusiasm and youthful energy. (I always found that with a creative dancer, I could have lots of fun with the $10 dances in the back room there.) I don't see those kinds of dancers at the other clubs now. So if they still exist in Montreal, and the new management makes them happy, the new Taboo could succeed.

Dang I forgot to mention... there was a SUPER hot masseur at Apsara! His name was Jake haha... he's from the UK and studying massage. The "sensual" part of the massage was nothing amazing, but he was just so over the top hot (floppy blond hair drives me crazy), twinky, sweet, great smile... definitely worth a visit if you're there! And his massage was shockingly good... you don't necessarily expect that at Apsara. lol Massage rates vary from $60ish for a basic massage to $100 for a "sensual." A lot nicer than the typical backroom private count-the-song routine!

His photo: http://www.apsaramassage.com/#!masseurs/photostackergallery0=7

Archived