Weho - progressive animal welfare legislation!

Michael Vincenzo
This topic is 4621 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was very pleased to learn that West Hollywood, CA, has become the first city in the world to ban the sale of apparel made from animal fur. The ban was passed unanimously by the WEHO City Council. The translation is that West Hollywood has said "NO!" to caging or trapping animals, electrocuting, gassing, bludgeoning, or hanging animals while their skin is ripped off (sometimes while the animal is alive and conscious). Seems like a no-brainer beginning to a more peaceful existence with the animals we share this planet with.

WEHO is no stranger to progressive animal welfare legislation. In 2007 they passed a ban on the declawing of cats, which by the way isn't simply the removal of the claw. Declawing a cat is removal of the last bone in every one of the cat's toes. Declawing is one of the most cruel things ever come up with in veterinary medicine.

I hope this type of progressive legislation spreads to other cities!

Love you to Michael, though we have never met..maybe one day. What's so funny is that many of my friends on the East coast make light of our city and WEHO in particular, you can see the little smirks on there face when you mention L.A. or WEHO. They say we lack substance and culture out here..but time and time again we just keep proving them wrong. Away from the bars and clubs and craziness of Santa Monica Blvd. is an entire community working together to accomplish some really important things that make our lives here that much richer. Peace to all those in the trenches who scarifice so much. Thanks, BVB

Archived