Boston, MA 11/11/11 - 11/14/11

leigh.bess.toad
This topic is 4570 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi guys -- I'm planning on taking a trip up to Boston to check out the sites and meet a few of my friends. I'd love to meet other Hoovillians if your interested. Who knows? Maybe even enough to have a group meet for lunch one day.

I'll be staying south of the city with a fellow forum member who is reckless enough to host me, but I'll have a car and can get around very easily. Besides a trip south to the Danbury, CT area Friday or Saturday night, I don't have anything in particular planned. So let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

Hope to meet you there.

• 1 month later...
Looking forward to the trip to Boston tomorrow. I just hope you New Englanders have at least had the decency to melt all of your snow for me. We Southern belles are a might bit fragile.

See you tomorrow.

You are not Southern belles--think it should read Southerners who ball!! Also, you're about as fragile as a steel girder.

All kidding aside, so looking forward to spending time with you. Hope some other local guys can find enough time to spend with Lee and company!!!!!

Boston Bill

OMG - A "suuthen drawl" and a "Bahston" accent - no one will know what you're saying!:rolleyes:

That's all right Oliver. I went to undergrad in Hartford and I think I'm still pretty fluent in "New England-ese".

Just hope I can get out of Boston down to see Bill. I remember it was a very wise Boston U undergrad many years ago who told me how to survive the rotaries in Boston: "Have the ugliest, most beat up car possible. Everyone will yield to you because they figure you have nothing to lose." Unfortunately, my rental car will not be a beat up wreck. Too bad.

Archived