the new Taboo: not for male heteros after all?

newatthis
This topic is 4598 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

During my just-concluded Montreal visit, I stopped by Taboo and took some pictures of the sign posted on the door (which I will post here if/when I get permission to post attachments). The ad is unequivocal about hiring young, handsome, sexy, male dancers.

Another data point: I ran into Tiguidoux, former manager at Taboo and L'Adonis and sometime MC at the Stock games. He says that Taboo will reopen as a better version of its former self, not as a club featuring women. He didn't know exactly when that would be. I didn't have a chance to ask him the source of his information.

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news on Taboo I hope. I was in Montreal over the weekend (Sept. 9-12) and talked with several dancers at the clubs who indicated they had recently, i.e. within the last week or so, interviewed, or had been approached, for waitstaff, bar manager and/or dancer positions by the new owner. This is still third party news but it's looking like the glass is maybe half full. I guess we just keep our fingers crossed. No info on whether the new club will offer (or be able to offer) completely curtained booths instead of the open booths at the old Taboo.

Some good news on Taboo I hope. I was in Montreal over the weekend (Sept. 9-12) and talked with several dancers at the clubs who indicated they had recently, i.e. within the last week or so, interviewed, or had been approached, for waitstaff, bar manager and/or dancer positions by the new owner. This is still third party news but it's looking like the glass is maybe half full. I guess we just keep our fingers crossed. No info on whether the new club will offer (or be able to offer) completely curtained booths instead of the open booths at the old Taboo.
Still, it's certainly more concrete than what I posted. Did you hear any rumors about opening date? Or about who the new owner is? It does seem a little strange that they would re-open as the busy season is fading out. On the other hand, I seem to recall that the old, good Taboo had a strong local following.

Thanks!

Still, it's certainly more concrete than what I posted. Did you hear any rumors about opening date? Or about who the new owner is? It does seem a little strange that they would re-open as the busy season is fading out. On the other hand, I seem to recall that the old, good Taboo had a strong local following.

Thanks!

I heard from the boys that the opening could be in about a week or so...we'll see how that goes. I don't know the owner's name but supposedly he is the owner of the building. Bear in mind this is still all third party information, but it came independently from several dancers. I guess we just we just wait and see how (or if) things play out.

I heard from the boys that the opening could be in about a week or so...we'll see how that goes. I don't know the owner's name but supposedly he is the owner of the building. Bear in mind this is still all third party information, but it came independently from several dancers. I guess we just we just wait and see how (or if) things play out.
And, of course, what seems "independent" could ultimately all be one source of information when traced back.

What would be really nice is if the new owners managed things as professionally as things are managed at Stock.

I had such a good time on my last trip that I'm hoping to get back for a short visit before it gets too cold. A re-opened Taboo would be the icing on the cake.

• 1 month later...

I hope they don't just unlock the door and expect magic to happen. A dancer I talked to last week said that's pretty much the plan. They don't plan to fix any of the problems that led them to bankruptcy in the first place. Hope he's wrong... it'd be great to see it go back to what it was a few years ago.

Archived