Book'em Dano

doitb4ugo
This topic is 4645 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In the service industry some people are known to complain all the time to get some kind of discount.

I haven't had a request for a 'family discount' yet ...

but I've encountered the following in my field

- "Would you give me a senior discount?"

- "I'm very cute and fit. Should I pay?"

- "This would be my very first time. Do you offer a discount?"

- "I'm a virgin. Do you offer a 'virgin discount'?" :cool:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the service industry some people are known to complain all the time to get some kind of discount.
Like many out there I can write a book... However, the most amusing situation occurred when a "habitual discount-looking-constantly-complaining client" confided in another "client" that she was thrilled not only with my services, but also with my low prices... What she didn't know was that she was speaking with one of my parents... Needless to say I handled her just a wee bit differently from that moment on!
Well, don't be surprised when one of these days the brother of your second cousin's father-in-law asks!
- "I'm a virgin. Do you offer a 'virgin discount'?" :cool:
Now that's one I have not yet encountered!

Still, I guess Steven's smile is. if I read correctly between the lines, more than worth the un-discounted price of admission!;)

but I've encountered the following in my field

- "Would you give me a senior discount?"

- "I'm very cute and fit. Should I pay?"

- "This would be my very first time. Do you offer a discount?"

- "I'm a virgin. Do you offer a 'virgin discount'?" :cool:[/color]

Wow, those are pretty funny. It is amazing how chintzy people can be.

Seems like people think that this is similar to getting a free drink when they are old enough to get into the bar...

The approach I use with my clients is simple: When a date has been made, then it has been made.

I do not change or cancel appointments because a more lucrative opportunity has come up. Besides, I never know if the one-hour guy might become a regular because he was treated with the professionalism and respect we all deserve. :)

Archived