Do we have an Art Appraiser in the group?

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4688 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a piece of Art that has a macabre history associated with it. The artist while not well known did have her: "15 Minutes of Fame." Both the Artist and Husband were the subject of a TV show documentary and their has been much speculation on the subject.

I need somebody to privately point me in the right direction to see if it is worth anything in these trying times. If you are in the business, could you send me a PM?

If there is some significance to the piece as well as the Artist, I suggest you to email photos and a brief description of provenance to both Christie's as well as Sotheby's (preferred). They will give you a ballpark estimate via email. From there you can research what venue would be appropriate to sell your item via auction or consignment at a gallery.

When I was in Seattle I stopped into a place called Art Resource. They specialize in secondary market art sold on consignment. I bought a Chihuly drawing there and couldn't have been happier with the service. Perhaps they could assist you as well.

Good luck!

Daddy-

You may want to try "googling" the artist(s). I have several really good pieces and I keep up with the price increases (so far at least) by just googling the artist and then seeing what similar sized pieces are going for in galleries where their works are on display. Of course this only works if the artist is producing and there are extant works available for sale. I bought a painting in Boulder CO about 6 years ago for $11,000 and just looked up on the web the other day and similar sized pieces by the same artist are on sale in certain galleries for over $20,000. Good luck with the hunt.

PB

Archived