Bernadette Peters in Concert - Richmond, September 10

This topic is 4697 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Word came out yesterday that one of my favorites will be performing in concert one night only in Richmond on Saturday, September 10. I guess she'll miss a couple of performances of Follies just before it opens its official run in NY. I can hardly wait to see her live in concert.

Anyone in the area going or wanting to come down to Richmond to see her, let me know and we can meet up.

But I also just realized there is a clash in the making. September 10 is also "Gay Night" at Kings Dominion theme park, 20-30 miles north of the city. It benefits a great organization in DC, Brother Help Thyself. I bet they are counting on a lot of Richmond guys coming to the park, since Richmond actually is a lot closer to KD than is Washington. So we are going to have a choice: seeing Bernadette or going to an amusement park which will be open solely for members of LGBT community.

• 2 weeks later...

I woulkd check with the box office very carefully. It seems odd that she would abandon a Saturday night performance in the middle of her run on Broadway with Follies. Her website lists no tour dates for the remainder of 2011 and only after Feb, 2012. This announcement was made in March of this year before she contracted to star in Follies, so I think the theater may not have pulled the info off the web. Double check or head for the gay night venue.

Archived