Tom Goss -- Lover -- the music video

This topic is 4738 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few weeks ago, there was a thread where Tyger introduced me (and maybe others) to Matt Albers and his amazing song The End of the World. The song touched me, as it did a lot of you. Being newly out and new to the gay music scene, I'd never heard of Matt before but he has a devoted fan now.

And now comes another guy I've just come across I wanted to share. Tom Goss. Tom will be performing at a concert in my town this Thursday and my date and I are going. So I went looking on youtube for him and found this amazing song of his: Lover.

A beautiful and touching video of a man singing while his lover is dying on the battlefield. Hopefully DADT is dead and buried. This video really touched me.

Maybe everyone knows Tom Goss and I'm the only newbie still learning. But if not, I hope you enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick followup. I saw Tom in concert Thursday night and it was simply amazing. I cried, I laughed and was thoroughly amazed at the talent of this man. I'm posting a couple of songs from the performance althought they are not of the best quality.

[video=youtube;whw137lo2T4]

{cubs and bears fans may enjoy this one}

[video=youtube;uYXFafDafiU]

[video=youtube;KW3YsvlAy8c]

His music really speaks to me and hope to you as well. Lastly, here's a link to his website where quite a bit of his music streams and you can buy the CDs and MP3s and check his touring schedule.

http://www.tomgossmusic.net/home/

I hope you enjoy.

I am another newbie about both of these amazing artists. Thank you Lee and Tyger. I'm totally hooked. already done album downloads and signed up both their email lists particularly for concerts. So this is where you went on last week's special "date"? you are a sly, classy fox.

Anyone who has not heard the melodies and WORDS of both Tom Goss and Matt Alber should do so ASAP hey are a credit to the entertainment industry and the gay community. Hopefully I'll see some of us at concerts in the near future.

Bill K.

One thing that really impressed me most about Tom was that before the concert he came out and talked to absolutely everyone at the concert, one on one. He did this the full hour before the concert. And after the concert he stood by the door and said goodbye to everyone one and thanked us for coming. And gave most of us a big hug. And trust me, I'm NEVER going to turn down a hug from a man as cute and as gorgeous as Tom Goss. Damn it though, he's married. But sticking around after the concert to thank us all delayed him from driving back home to DC to see his husband, who he hadn't seen in weeks since he was on the road. And that small sacrifice spoke volumes to me about Tom Goss.

I want to share the lyrics to one of the most moving songs he has written. You Don't Question Love:

You don’t question love, you let it be

You don’t give the right to some and then take that right from me.

If it’s family you want, then welcome to my home

Love is something my family owns

You don’t tell a child you can’t be raised here.

And I can see their eyes and in them questioning and fear

Cause a family they know is one that takes you home

Loves you more than you’ll ever know

And take it fast now or take it slow

Your deepest breathe you know deserves one more

Cause I’ll never kiss a face of a more beautiful soul

You don’t question love, you set it free

Let it grow to something everyone can see

And if you look into your eyes

You will see your love in mine

And you will bless it

And you will bless it

And you will bless it

No you don’t question love

Lee,

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS incredible guy and his music with us all. I will certainly have to look and see if he is going to be in my area in the future. What an incredible guy to greet folks before and after the concert! I suspect there were some tears shed during the concert as well as some laughs. Thanks again... and hope you and your date were able to talk about your experience, or perhaps share on an intimate basis as well ~!

DD

Archived