Water for Elephants

uwsman2
This topic is 4769 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK, so Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson attempts serious drama. To quote Dorothy Parker, he exhibits all the emotions from A to B. Pretty to look at, hints of a hot bod in his one shirtless sex scene (filmed much too discreetly), but this guy needs to work on varying his facial expression :))

The other male lead, Christoph Waltz, is hot in his own way, but excels in playing nasties.

Yawn...

I saw Water for Elephants last night and was overall disappointed. Reese Witherspoon--although only 10 years older--looked like Patterson’s mother (or his much older sister). Their romance was unbelievable in great part because of Hollywood's rewrite in which they cut much of the storyline that leads to their romance. I would have been satisfied if I had watched this flick on “Lifetime for Women” Network, but found it too shallow and the acting too "hit or miss" on both Patterson and Witherspoon's part. I was hoping to see more of Pattinson's sexy, naked bod, but it wasn't to be... He had one fleeting moment in clown drag (with a pastie), but that’s about all the hot flesh to be seen.:(

If you read the book do not go to see the movie - you will be disappointed beyond belief. The story line has been butchered, character develpment is totally lacking, some of the relarionships are merely hinted at and some are omitted completely. Pattinson and Witherspoon have zero chemistry and Reese looks twenty years older than Pattinson.

Archived